When spearing is not an option.....

• Well, here in Seattle WA spearing is not an option so I had to find ways to stay busy. I've been doing some scouting and target shooting for the upcoming deer hunting season. I don't own any firearms but these guys have some serious fire power. We shot some clay doves with pump loading shotguns and as well as a 10 mm pistol, M4, 357 and 22 caliber rifles. I had my girl snap some pictures and figured I shared them with you guys.

This past weekend I went salmon fishing. We went out of Sekiu about 6 miles out into the strait of Juan de Fuca. We limited out on both days. These are Coho Salmon (aka silver salmon) ranging from 10 to 15 lbs. Most of the fish caught were females and they were stuffed with eggs/roe. I never seen or had any salmon roe before but I will soon. We also ran into some big squids. We managed to catch one that weighted 20lb before gutting. These particular type of squid is known as Humboldt Squid. The last time they were spotted in these waters was back in 1930 so I felt really lucky.

• The deer meat goina' look like swiss cheese:D

I don't know about Salmon Roe but the mullet roe around here is fried , How you going to cook it?

Nice squid bet that tast great

• I had just emptied the mag and decided to pose for my girlfriend to take the picture (you can see a guy in the background holding it on his left hand). That thing shoots super nice, it has less recoil than a shotgun. About the salmon roe, I plan to prepare a beer batter and deep fry it. I'll keep you guys posted.

• Yes they can. There are commercial fishermen that catch them in Mexico and other parts. The one that it's not edible it's the giant squid(architeuthis or something like that).

• The squid can be eaten. We use to catch them frequently in Southern California. Most people don't like them. They say they are bitter; which is true, if the skin is left on. The skin must be removed. This is easily done with a Scotch- Brite pad. Cut the meat into strips and deep fry or pan fry. I have also made ceviche with them, which was very good. The meat should also be pounded before cooking to soften it up a bit.

• Hey, where the roe picture go? Thank you for the squid recepies. I did remove all of the skin but I didn't know I had to pound the meat before cooking so thank you for that.