Braiding cable shooting line

• Thanks. I've been waiting for good weather lately. Then Sunday, I had a fuse burn on my motor but didn't figure out what the problem was or fix it in time to get out. Been dry for 3 weeks now.

• Hank, looking at your pic I see another reason why your cable may have failed. You should get yourself a proper crimping tool and the right crimps for that diameter cable. I prefer double barrel crimps because the end result is more compact.

• Yes I did noticed the bad crimp and I'm pretty sure that was the culprit. Follow Dan's advice. I've done many crimps without braiding the cable and they hold really good but I do use the double barreled crimp in the right size and the right crimping tool. Also when using coated cable remove the coating on the crimp area.

• :clap2:

So do YT, pargo, YFT, BFT, Dogtooth, grouper, wahoo...

note- in looking for a rolling the eyes emoticon, I chanced upon the Grogan smilie. Perfect.

• nice hank...mako's is the one i use..it is nice...i keep a rag w a bit of 3in1 oil on it in the case to keep any rust away...the crimper is ss..the small little fittings on it are not

i like to spear fish

• Those are double barrel crimps by the way. Maybe you can't see it in the picture. I got them from the store in Honolulu where Dr Wong gets his supplies. The crimps are made for that cable according the the salesman there.