• Managed a trip to Grand Cay this weekend. Blasted through rainstorms and cleared at Walkers. Pulled into Rosies by 1000, marina was still full as most people were slow to mobilize w/ all of the rain. Checked in, topped off and headed out. Got some decent diving in b/w rain storms. Viz was fair, but improved w/ the incoming tide and eventual emergence of the sun. Once the sun showed around 1600, the rest of the weekend was great. Managed some decent hogs, w/a couple of real nice ones by local standards. Cleaned them up at double breasted and enjoyed some rum drinks. Dinner at Ron's Hotspot was awesome as usual and we hit the sack. Skies were decent as we pulled out of the marina for the trip home. Hit some spots along the way and found some scattered hogs, a mutton and a couple of blacks. No video this trip as I some how managed every possible GoPro SNAFU possible, save flooding the unit. Had a great trip w/ some good diving, can't wait to hit it again.

• yeah buddy. nice fish as always. You will have to show me how to spear those blacks.

as a side note i foolishly let my passport expire somehow during the summer..i am scrambling to get one here before too long....not cheap $$$

• yeah buddy. nice fish as always. You will have to show me how to spear those blacks.

as a side note i foolishly let my passport expire somehow during the summer..i am scrambling to get one here before too long....not cheap $$$

That sucks. You can do it yourself if you head to the Miami office. You don't necessarily need to pay the agents for an expedited service.

We'll try and get over there in August if the wx cooperates. How was Spanish?

• Thanks for the suggestion, but with living in orlando, miami seems more of a hassle than it is worth.

The diving was a bit slower in spanish last trip, still managed to put fish in the boat, but no big hogs or grouper to share.

However, nippers on the sunday before the 4th made up for it.

• Nice looking fish,if you ever get to N.Eleuthera give me a shout. Always looking for new friends to go
    spearing with.
    Cheers
    David

• David, thanks for the offer. I do hope to make it down there at some point. Looks beutiful and have heard nothing but positives about the area.

Jason, Nippers was rocking pretty good from what I hear.