Gun Problems

• I had to replace my RA 110 shaft and mono after a trip to the keys last month. The first chance I had to use the gun was this past weekend. I took a couple of long shots at some snappers (which I missed) but I noticed that the bands and the mono looked unsually bunched up at the end of the gun by the muzzle after each shot. I thought that I must have loaded the gun wrong. After paying particular attention to a proper load I took another shot which again caused the bands to bunch up at the end of the gun. I have used this gun for 2 years and can regualarly hit a spanish mackreal at 15ft but after 10 shots with the new gun set up I couldent hit a Sheepy the size of a trash can lid.... My dive buddy has the same gun so I tryed his and my first shot stoned a sheepy at about 12 ft which is what I have been used to with my gun.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    My first thought is that the bands are catching on the mono crimp at the back end of the spear as it passes through the muzzle. I have video and I am trying to post a pic of what the gun looks like after a shot.

• for those of you reading this thread I can answer my own question. The crimp used to secure the mono to the end of the spear was too big. It was catching on the band as it traveled through muzzle. I had the mono changed and used a smaller crimp and problem solved.