Spearing the last three days (pic intense!)

• The viz has been amazing lately and I've been getting out a lot. I'm back on christmas break from medical school in Grenada and was dying to get out and shoot some fish. With the break in the weather, I was determined to get out and dive as much as I could.

Friday 12/16- Headed out with my buddy Don to 45ft. Seas were flat calm, viz was top to bottom! He had to be back by noon, so we rushed to limit out on hogs. We were able to limit out in about an hour and a half and were back at the dock with plenty of time to spare! Here are some pics from that day and of course a shot of the catch!

Flat calm!

Clearwater Pass on the way in

Saturday I went out with Orcawealth and his friend Sal out of Anclote to about 40ft. We sat on one spot the whole day and was able to get back with a really nice cooler of fish with one of the biggest mango's i've speared at that depth.

Today I went out with Don and Nolan(Kraken). I'm sure Nolan will post some pics later, but here are mine. NOAA was calling for 3-5ft seas with a small craft advisory the night before, but sailflow was saying that it wasn't going to be that rough. We decided to go ahead with the trip anyways. Met at the ramp at 10am and headed out. The first 4 miles were super flat but we hit some 2-4fters past that. We plowed through to the first spot and started diving. After a few hours, the wind started to slow and the gulf slicked out really really nicely. We ended the day with 11 hogs between the three of us. On the way in we couldn't help but appreciate how great the weather, sunset, and seas were. What a great afternoon on the water!

Here's the cooler

More pics by Nolan Sadorf:

All in all great viz all three days except towards the end of today. TTB viz on Fri and Sat with about 30ft today. It was great to be able to freedive with great people and shoot some nice hogs!

Edited once, last by Guest ().

• Hey buddy, I will be on the Gulf Coast starting Saturday through the New Year; I will bring my gun if you think we can get out and shoot some fish. Shoot me a text/call.

Nice pics man, haven't dove the gulf in forever.

• Hey buddy, I will be on the Gulf Coast starting Saturday through the New Year; I will bring my gun if you think we can get out and shoot some fish. Shoot me a text/call.

Nice pics man, haven't dove the gulf in forever.

Hey man. I'll be on a cruise starting Thursday and when I get back i'll be headed to Laudy until about Jan 3rd. So I dont think it would be an option. There really is only one day I have on the Gulf Coast when I get back and it looks like its going to be blown out as it stands right now.

• Saturday is looking good over there. IDK how the weather over there has been lately, but I see at least two days of calm before saturday which should give the viz a little time to settle and clear. Let me know if you do it and how it goes! I'm interested to hear about it.