please help some friends out

• Shallow Runner and I and a bunch of our friends are organizing a dive trip to Coconut cay at MM 71 approx.
    We will be there over Cinco de mayo

we will be 8 divers with 2 boats and are looking for any and all advice and company that you might have to offer.

anyone who is close should feel free to stop by and hang and dive with us.

We welcome any advice about places to eat or go

We greatly appriciate any advice on finding spots as well.

hope to get to meet up with and dive with some keys guys.

thanks in advance for any tips

i like to spear fish

• Lunker, didn't Hau used to live in that area (or somewhere in the keys).

There are hot spot maps and I know a lot of the guys that rent the boats from Hooks leave their way points locked in the GPS as well.

I am going to study some Naut. maps and look at bottom structure to see if I can get some ideas. All the places I know there are deeper and require SCUBA. But there are lots of patch reefs in that area; especially on the gulf side.

Lets get out the weekend prior and get the lungs stretched out.

• nice shawn..i already have the middle keys top spot map for us.

thanks for the good wishes Hookinfish...if we dont shoot a single fish we are still coming with a lot of pics and vids

i like to spear fish

• LunkerBuster---as shallow runner said, I used to live at MM68, but that was 4 years ago and I was mainly spearing on deep wrecks on scuba :@ or bluewater freedive
    Wish I could help further brother.
    Have fun and be careful :attack2: :fishswim:

• Bump!
    Not looking for a honey hole guys; just some guidance. I know the deeper stuff but we need some shallow stuff for freedive.

If in the Keys feel free to come along!

• Bluewater is great in May. Lots of dolphin, some wahoo, humps should have tuna on them (if you go in the afternoon there shouldnt be as many boats on them, chum and flashers will help, sharks tend to get heavy there though). Kaiyo grill at mm81 has amazing food (cant go wrong with the "alligator light hogfish")
    and great sushi ! Wahoo bar at whale harbor has the best cracked conch. Have fun and Goodluck.
    Lou

• Thanks Lou! Yea we are hoping to drop some flashers and do some bluewater while there. Hadn't thought of the hums though; good idea.

Kairo and Wahoo are two of my favorites for sure!

Thanks for the info man!

• Judah,

Check your PM, send you a bunch of numbers for the general area from Duck Key up to a little north of Long Key. Hope that's close enough to where you guys will be.

Dive safe!

G