Diving in Nevada?

• I am heading over to Vegas for some work in mid June and was thinking about heading out to either Lake Mead of Lake Mohave to see if I can get into some stripped bass. I have been searching online and found a few places but I was hoping I could get some better information from someone who has been before. Do you recommend a nice shore dive? I don't have a Kayak or a boat so I am hoping that there are decent beach dives in the area. Thanks for all Your help.:)

• So far I have found the following places but I am not familiar with any of them. Do you recommend one over an other or do you have something else in mind? Is fishing in Nevada better then Arizona? Is their a fishing license that cover both sides?

Lake Mead Dive sites Nevada:
    Saddle Island
    Dive Park, Boulder Beach

Lake Mead Dive sites Arizona:
    Kingman Wash
    Bonelli Landing
    Greggs Hideout
    South Cove

Colorado River dive sites Nevada:
    Placer Cove

Colorado River dive sites Arizona:
    Willow Beach

• i was just there 2 weeks ago and stumbled upon a dive shop in Boulder City called "Scubafy". Charlie the owner gave us alot of great advice about dive spots, spearfishing, and area specific hazards such as people from shore chucking rocks at dive flags. Nice folks there, I'm sure they could help you out.

• Hahaha chucking rocks at dive flags. Nice folks?? I know you were talking about the shop owners but the juxtaposition made me laugh

I can't believe asshats throw rocks

i like to spear fish

• I just stumbled across the business card of a place near the river in Nelson a few miles from the river that rents kayaks. Their number is 702-291-0026 web is Colorado River Tours . Both the GF and I had sinus issues due to the dryness and dust, we will be bringing a neti pot when we go back and dive.

• boil all water before using it as a netti pot....some guy died last year...US water is not purified for nasal use!!!!

I am serious, and pissed as a regular netti pot user, use bottled purified water or boil and cool

i like to spear fish