Tiger shrimp in the Caribbean

• Been a rough month and a half. Some other shrimp farmers here didn't want us to grow these shrimp so they had the Belize Animal Health Authority slap a quarantine on us. We weren't even allowed to stock the white shrimp from our hatchery onto our own farm !! Much less sell them to other farmers like we've done for the last 7 years. One of the farmers basically called me a liar....and said, "you're just a cowboy....doing this on your own without our approval...". I like the cowboy comment. But we followed all the rules and did it right. I dont' want to kill the shrimp industry here.
    So, after again testing negative for all known shrimp viruses, not to mention we fed tiger shrimp tissue to our white shrimp with no ill effects, we haven't seen ONE dead tiger shrimp on our farm yet, and the damn things are HERE. They're now endemic to the Caribbean and will be here to .....the end of time I guess.
    So basically some of the smarter senior politicians bitch slapped the lower level one that quarantined us and told the other farmers basically, "go to bed.....mommy and daddy are trying to talk here..." :laughing::laughing: and the quarantine was lifted. By June we'll be a full on tiger shrimp farm. Our first test pond will be 50 grams next week, in 129 days. The white shrimp grow to only 10-12 grams in that same time frame.....I don't know guys.....let's take a vote....what shrimp do YOU think we should grow". :laughing: ya man. I need a vacation. I wake at 3 am thinking of this shit every night...what we need to do...buy, design....

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]

Edited once, last by hank ().