Pescasub survives tiger shark attack in Hawaii

• SHARK ATTACK SURVIVOR TELLS HIS CALVARY FRIGHTFUL
    A diver was attacked by a tiger shark Maui more than three meters
    From his hospital bed Maui Memorial Medical Center, the diver Marc Riglos explained the severity of the injury to his right leg, showing the scars after an encounter with a tiger shark more than three meters.
    "It was pretty bad. My foot was hanging. Held only foot blood vessels and skin. Was hanging in the water," said.
    This is the third attack by a tiger shark in Maui a swimmer in the past three weeks. Nine days ago, were bitten hand and thigh Mariko Haugen. Before that, a shark sank its teeth into surfboard Dave Peterson.
    The retired marine biologist John Naughton said tiger sharks come close to shore to devour green sea turtles. This species has become more abundant in Hawaiian waters. Last month, the Maui lifeguards closed the beach after a shark attacked a turtle.
    "There is no doubt that the green sea turtle population is increasing. But not just in Maui. We see them everywhere," said Naughton.
    He also said there is no data to prove a connection to the recent spate of shark attacks tiger people. But he warns to stay out of the murky water, especially if sea turtles nearby.
    Riglos, 30, said he did not get to see any sea turtle before the shark attacked him.
    "I thought I was going to die," he said. "He threw me down. Had to punch him in the face a few times. Then released me." *
    Riglos Naughton said was right. He said that when a tiger shark attacks you have to try to defend. And, if you can hit your snout.
    "If you can reach into the eye socket or gills and simply pull the shark away immediately," said.
    Riglos is an electrician. He has been diving since he was a child.
    "I do not know how you'll be my foot, I do not know if I will ever walk on it," he said.
    It further surgery scheduled throughout the week.
    Ocean View Source
    <º))))))))><
    SOBREVIVIENTE DE ATAQUE DE TIBURÓN RELATA SU ESPANTOSO CALVARIO

Un buzo fue atacado en Maui por un tiburón tigre de más de tres metros

Desde su cama del hospital Maui Memorial Medical Center, el buzo Marc Riglos explicó la gravedad de la lesión en su pierna derecha, enseñando las cicatrices producidas tras un encuentro con un tiburón tigre de más de tres metros.

"Fue muy malo. Mi pie estaba colgando. Sólo sostenían el pie los vasos sanguíneos y la piel. Estaba colgando en el agua", dijo.

Este es el tercer ataque de un tiburón tigre a un bañista en Maui en las últimas tres semanas. Hace nueve días, fueron mordidos la mano y el muslo de Mariko Haugen. Antes de eso, un tiburón hundió sus dientes en la tabla de surf de Dave Peterson.

El biólogo marino retirado John Naughton, dijo que los tiburones tigre se acercan a la orilla para devorar a las tortugas marinas verdes. Esa especie se ha vuelto más abundante en aguas hawaianas. El mes pasado, los salvavidas de Maui cerraron una playa después que un tiburón atacó a una tortuga.

"No hay duda de que la población de tortugas marinas verdes es cada vez mayor. Pero no es sólo en Maui. Las vemos por todas partes", dijo Naughton.

También dijo que no hay datos para probar una conexión a la reciente ola de ataques de tiburones tigre a las personas. Pero advierte a permanecer fuera del agua turbia, sobre todo si hay tortugas marinas en las cercanías.

Riglos, de 30 años, dijo que no llego a ver ninguna tortuga marina antes de que lo atacase el tiburón.

"Pensé que iba a morir", dijo. "Me tiró hacia abajo. Tuve que golpearle en la cara un par de veces. Luego me soltó".

Naughton dijo que Riglos hizo lo correcto. Dijo que cuando te ataca un tiburón tigre hay que tratar de defenderse. Y, si puedes, golpear su hocico.

"Si consigues introducir las manos en la órbita del ojo o en las branquias y simplemente tirar, el tiburón inmediatamente se aleja", dijo.

Riglos es electricista. Él ha estado buceando desde que era niño.
    "No sé cómo va a quedar mi pie, no sé si podré volver a caminar sobre él", dijo.
    Tiene programada una nueva intervención quirúrgica a lo largo de la semana.
    Fuente Vista al Mar

• Apparently both Humboldts and green turtles are the real culprits for recent lurking sharks sightings near shores. Dunno, but i don´t like big predatory sharks. They keep sayin´that they trim the sea lions population and shit. I don´t like no sea lions either.

No "beautiful" animal worths a human life in my book. That one is a nice candidate for a powerhead.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Crap, hate to see this stuff..Hope that guy heals fast and gets back out there

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• This is my really good friend and dive buddy of mines. This day was during a dive tournament unfortunately. There was a little waves maybe 6 ft or so and me and my partner, the victim "Marc" and his partner and another group were all going to dive that spot. But we all decided to leave cause of the waves besides Marc and his partner. Long story short, water was murky and he got bit on the way up from the bottom. We all heard the news and went straight to the hospital and never even checked in at the tournament. The people at the Tournament were kind enough to donate all the money that was generated from the tournament and donated it to help with Marcs new bill. Anyways he is doing great and cant wait to get back in the water.