new jbl speargun

• Kudos to jbl for DRASTICALLY improving their line but the angle of the handle on this gun looks so uncomfortable to me, I cannot imagine it would be fun or comfortable to shoot

i like to spear fish

• Kudos to jbl for DRASTICALLY improving their line but the angle of the handle on this gun looks so uncomfortable to me, I cannot imagine it would be fun or comfortable to shoot

actually the angle is perfect if you hold the handle and close your eyes and aim at a target then open your eyes you will be looking flat across the top of the handle . a low recoil gun can get away with more angle but as power increases you need to go closer to 90 degrees .
    phil

• Wow that is cool and surprising. Like I said. It was all looks but I am happy to hear I am wrong.

I wonder if anyone is using one in my area. I'd like to hold it and shoot it

i like to spear fish

• I'm very impressed with the introduction of JBLs new guns. Phil, did you help design the JBL midhandle and euro gun? I remember reading a thread somewhere that mentioned your name?

Undersea: I haven't used the JBL yet but the Riffe Euro is a nice gun. I had a 110 and 130 and they were very well balanced guns that shot accurately. However, I sold them and went with Rob Allens because the main advantage of a "euro gun" (for me) is maneuverability + accuracy. The Riffe wasn't too hard to swing but the Rob Allen definitely swings easier.

• I'm very impressed with the introduction of JBLs new guns. Phil, did you help design the JBL midhandle and euro gun? I remember reading a thread somewhere that mentioned your name?

Undersea: I haven't used the JBL yet but the Riffe Euro is a nice gun. I had a 110 and 130 and they were very well balanced guns that shot accurately. However, I sold them and went with Rob Allens because the main advantage of a "euro gun" (for me) is maneuverability + accuracy. The Riffe wasn't too hard to swing but the Rob Allen definitely swings easier.

i wouldn't say i helped designed them , i just gave Guy my opinion here and there ,and said how i would do some things . joe a mentioned in a thread that i helped and he know guy better than me so maybe my opinion means more than i think

i do know they work very well guy and his son shot a lot of fish with them on a trip we took 2 weeks ago (the guns behind him are not what he was using they are mine and another friend on the boats guns )

phil

• The new JBL guns are excellent and you can not beat them for the money. I got one of the prototypes a year ago and have shot over 100 fish with it. I would recomend it over the Riffe.
    As for the handles, I have them installed on two of my other guns and they are excellent too. Good design and super strong. I do not know what they are made of but they are nice.:toast:

• Yes that’s true , it was thanks to the help of Phill , Mori and Kitto that JBL came up with their Final line .. it’s a good entry level gun perfect for guys on a budget ,,, Joe

I'm very impressed with the introduction of JBLs new guns. Phil, did you help design the JBL midhandle and euro gun? I remember reading a thread somewhere that mentioned your name?

• I haven't used these, but I have used JBL in the past. Call me old fashioned but if I invest in a crap product I'm going to refuse to give a company a second chance.

That being said, I have no interest in this and will stick with my Riffe. Riffe has such great quality and customer service. I'm not in the stage of life to be blowing money on unnecessary things but my Riffe is tried and true. I know I'll have it forever without a hiccup.

Kudos to JBL, it looks like they've made a nice product. Unless someone gives me one, I won't be using one. I won't be buying it. :/

• I went to the JBL page and the elite series thy have there is with a plastic head:confused1:

Sadot Hernàndez.

• I have not the used the elite gun but I have read nothing but good things about them. As far as the elite handles though, I have installed quite a few on on my gun builds. I actually like the angle and prefer it over some of the other ones that have too much for my liking. I guess I need to thank Phil for his input on the development of this.:thumbsup2:

• Muck I am in the same boat as you. I love my rob Allen's and I have a few wooden guns in my mind for down the line

As joe said, these are for a starter spearo on a budget

Your post was funny to me, because I agree, but it is also the same logic that was applied historically that has led to the fierce, and stupid, brand wars in the American auto industry.
    For many years the cars were all garbage and whichever one you bought first, you hated. Funny how things move in cycles.

i like to spear fish

• Muck I am in the same boat as you. I love my rob Allen's and I have a few wooden guns in my mind for down the line

As joe said, these are for a starter spearo on a budget

Your post was funny to me, because I agree, but it is also the same logic that was applied historically that has led to the fierce, and stupid, brand wars in the American auto industry.
    For many years the cars were all garbage and whichever one you bought first, you hated. Funny how things move in cycles.

one thing to remember is guy skinner only bought jbl 8-9 years ago and ever since has been improving the line and making major changes to in (a lot more are in the works ,but change takes time ). and as it stands jbl is the third largest speargun manufacturer in the world and the product line is improving by the day . i was told the jbl site will be updated soon
    phil

• Forgive me, Guy Skinner may be a great guy but I've seen the changes to JBL and they're still of bad quality (material and design). By no means do I think that I could do any better, I couldn't.

They may not be as terrible as when he first bought them, but they're still not impressive by any means.

Then again, there is always a market. I bought a JBL when I first started spearfishing because I was a broke student and the gun was cheap. The JBL was enough to get me interested but I knew from common sense that it felt like a piece of garbage in my hand compared to the more expensive guns at the dive shop. The JBL served it's purpose but once I knew that I enjoyed spearfishing enough to make the investment on a more expensive gun, I did just that. I bought a more expensive gun (Riffe Comp 2). This gun was a quality gun and as I needed more, I went out and bought the Riffe Comp 3 because I was so pleased by the quality and reliability of my Comp 2. I never looked back at JBL.

This goes the same for cars. There are some people who can't afford something nice. There are some who need a car for the purpose of getting from point A to point B.Geo Metro's don't look attractive but people who can't afford anything else buy them because they have to. However, the second they can afford something better, they forget about Geo's right away.

I haven't seen this one in person, but this is the first design out of JBL that looks half way decent. However, the fear of ending up with a crap product still scares me enough not to buy it.

I wish them only the best of success, I'm just someone who is too weary of their past products to make the investment.

My next gun (not that I need one and can't justify the cost right now) would either be another Riffe or one of Speardiver's Carbon Fiber guns.

Edited 2 times, last by Muckdiver ().

• this gun is only in ..ADRENO SPEARFISHING..the web jbl still have not this model,i dont know way.
    the loading butt no matche whit the model gun,i think other butt will be more nice,a model similar to the riffe loading butt or the model of jbl elite woody,it make me see tihis speargun a homemade gun

• I've used JBL's since they were Voit Swim Master and my latest was the Elite Woody Sawed-Off Mag and it was a nice gun (had to do some work to the muzzle) killed lots of fish. So I ordered the new Mid-Handle 450 Mag from Leisure Pro and waited over 2 months before it came in and was not impressed with it and sent it back the next day. I still think the Elite line are great guns.