censorship....

• If anyone followed this thread over on SB -

Broken Mako Predator Pro Gen 1 Handle - Spearboard bubble blowers drama forum

I had the same thing happen to my 1st gen mako predator pro 110 when i was out with nate over the holiday weekend. I really beat my gear up bad( just ask nate) but i was a little frustrated. I ended up getting the gun replaced, but me and nate cut down the barrel of the broken gun into a 90 cm gun and i happened to put the info up on how i did it on that particular thread. This showed up in my inbox, out of a bit of respect i removed names and personal info as im not trying to incite drama, just voicing my frustrations

I own alot of mako stuff, it works for me aside from that gun breaking. i just found it stupid that i couldnt share a DIY of turning a broken gun into a working one.

im the last person to start any trouble or drama. I dont want any part of it, i just like to dive and kill fish and talk to people who share my same interest. just putting that out there.

Edited once, last by Andrewk ().

• It is what it is. You have to realize that this is a business for them and a forum for you. The only way to have a forum with no censorship is to create your own and purposely plan to not have any financial gain from it. I understand their reasoning for it. If I owned a forum and was making money from it I might be tempted to do the same.

• Anytime Chief. Dan has done a great job in allowing others to talk about other products. Spearboard has gotten ridiculous but can you really blame them? They're getting paid to either sell or push certain products. They obviously don't want competition.

They are also in a position of power where they can quickly eliminate any conversation about a competitor product by deleting a thread or post. They purposely feed their forum members exactly what they want them to read.

Just like anything, things get more complicated once money gets involved.