PR Introduction

• Hey guys. Thought I'd just introduce myself as I am pretty fresh off the boat down here in PR. My name is Elliott and I am in my late twenties. My wife and I moved down here (Vieques specifically) nearly three months ago now. Thanks to Roberto, I've just gotten my first speargun. I've been fairly obsessed with spearfishing since just before we made the move, and now I live within a 10 minute walk of decent spearfishing (assuming the swell is down in the Atlantic).

I am still learning the sport, and am very much a beginner at this point. I've been a fisherman (both flyfishing and conventional) since I was a toddler, and spearfishing is sort of the final frontier. I also hunted a bit in my youth, and this seems like a good cross between the two. As I continue to improve, I'd love to be able to go out with people that have been doing it for a long time. I don't make it to the main island very much, but that may change eventually.

• Welcome to the forum. Luckily for you PR offers great diving/spearfishing. There is a good number of spearos from PR here so it should be easy for you to connect with people. Good luck and don't forget to share the pictures and stories.

• Awesome. Yeah, I feel really lucky to have such good diving at my doorstep. Visibility was pretty terrible today, but I still got a nice shot on a 7-8lb mutton... unfortunately, missed by a few inches. Still learning the new gun I guess :rolleyes1:. I need to make some targets and go out and practice I think. That being said, I rigged up a little butt pad and I am having a way easier time loading the gun. My first day out was pretty painful.