Antigua spearfishing reports

• Well it's been awhile, I bought a small old model boat in Florida and just recently got it home to Antigua. Still working out the kinks, rewired and now working on engine, next is gel coat.
    Anyway took her(Salt Dog) for a test run to check out some stuff and managed to bag this little king with a shot from above through the centre line just behind the head, just missed the stone shot. Wahoo were not around but I am sure soon.

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Nice pic. What kind of boat is it George?

95 contender 23 Dan... have to say I am over the moon with the hull performance and ability to run in seas. Just a pain getting everything sorted out, I am very anal about my boats and I want everything ship shape and bristol... I don't care about looks mind you, it's all about function with me.

George Steele

• I put on a speargun rack as well [emoji6]

First fish was high speed trolling

George Steele

• Nice fish. So the boat is virgin no more.

Have you thought about repowering her? Those two strokes are notorious gas hogs. And two, that model...man, that motor is as old as you, isn't it?

Well, at least you're in the water. I'm getting chilled in LAX airport on the way to SE Asia. Enjoy badehh....:thumbsup2:

• Nice fish. So the boat is virgin no more.

Have you thought about repowering her? Those two strokes are notorious gas hogs. And two, that model...man, that motor is as old as you, isn't it?

Well, at least you're in the water. I'm getting chilled in LAX airport on the way to SE Asia. Enjoy badehh....:thumbsup2:

I am fishing it commercially when I can, with the intention of a Suzuki 300 at the end of the tunnel. But until then I have to live with what I have, skint AF [emoji12].

George Steele

• I am fishing it commercially when I can, with the intention of a Suzuki 300 at the end of the tunnel. But until then I have to live with what I have, skint AF [emoji12].

I hear you. I have that single 90 on my boat....again. I'm dreaming of twin 60s instead but my wife might leave me if i do that. :@

Twins are a nice insurance....IF one breaks. But where we dive, the biggest threat is banging into a shallow patch of reef, in which case, both motors will probably at least bend the props and you're still limping home.

But for my 90, I'm going to buy a spare EMM (Electronic Management Module) which is what broke that last time after 5 years. It's about as easy to change out as plugging in your phone to charge. And all these new 4 strokes are computerized. I'll just carry it on the boat in a nice dry box.

• Yamaha 250 HP 2-Stroke 25" Outboard Motor 225 200 2001 Ox66 | eBay

It's not this model? I thought it was a two stroke. It's a good motor, just old,

The new model Yamaha aren't "square" like that anymore. The cowlings are more rounded, no?

Thats the one, late model two stroke.
    I am buying a 18 hp to mount on a bracket I have as a "bring me home".

George Steele