My precious....

• So me and nate discussed this last night and I thought it would be quite the interesting read on here.

Im sure everyone has their favorite piece of dive gear. I am definitely a compulsive hoarder, gear especially. But within the last year, I have been lusting for brass clips for securing gear. so shiny... so useful.... My precious...

i have them on my kayak, guns, scrapers for work, weight belts, lights, hand reels, small marker sausages, my kayak anchor, stringers.... and I still dont have enough. all sizes big and small. I warned nate to keep his hidden from me. At the dania marine flea market, I dug through dirty bins of useless junk... to find brass clips. stainless ones are no fun. They dont look cool.

I fancy dive knives too. and tuna clips. I have quite a few of them.

Now that I look like i belong on a hoarders episode, time to fess up :thumbsup2:

• Okay I am somewhat of a dilettante in someways with hobbies in that I look before I leap into some of them. I never give up but I end up spending a long time slowly learning and eventually improving. I sort of collect hobbies I guess.

I also really like tools. And words. I guess I consider them to be like tools as well. The bigger your vocabulary the better chance you will have the right word when you need it. Bigger tool box

i like to spear fish

• Dilletante.....I had to Google that. You're really educated.

I go through phases on hobbies too. I collect and use tools, guitars, scuba gear (in the past) and spearfishing ...stuff....
    But it's hard when there are two kids under 4 years old in the house. Things disappear and get misplaced constantly.
    I find sockets, batteries, who knows....laying out in the yard. My boat fuel lines are pulled up and out of the tanks, shifters are pulled down or up....

I wonder sometimes how it would be if it were just me and my wife....like normal couples our age and not having so many kids around.....I'd probably be a grumpy, crazy old fart.....instead of just an old fart.

• How about MUSIC... I've always got something going although with internet radio, etc., you hardly have to own anything anymore.

• I find sockets, batteries, who knows....laying out in the yard. My boat fuel lines are pulled up and out of the tanks, shifters are pulled down or up....

You and my dad have some of the same gripes Hank. I remember the day my dad found his snap on ratchet with the lawn mower, in the same exact place that I was working on my ATV. Same day, I also borrowed his primer ball off one of the boats to siphon some gas and forgot to put it back.. he didn't notice until he was at the marina. Probably 7 or 8 years ago, my ass still hurts a bit.

• Katalina and Kauai at 6 months now..... I have moved on from my handgun collection... less cleaning and oiling
    but the litter box stinks.:thumbdown1:

Cheers, Don

• Beautiful cat!

I have an infatuation with rifles. Especially small caliber bolt actions. Lately that has turned to rimfires which is even worse because they are so affordable...and highly upgradeable. I have a couple of Ruger 10/22s that are one the verge of becoming $1000 tack-drivers:rolleyes1:

.22 WMR is my caliber of choice, at the moment.

• CZs are awesome! My most treasured rifle is my CZ 527 with HS Precision Kevlar stock in .223 Remington.

Looking at getting the 527 in .17 Hornet in the near future.

My Ruger 10/22s are hobby guns. I enjoy making mods and upgrades and can buy a piece at a time without breaking the bank all at once.

I also have a few Savage rimfires for the kids and a couple squirreled away for a rainy day;)

• I collect guns, especially precision rifles, since I used to be in the long range shooting department. Here is one of them, which will shoot sub half MOA depending on how well I am shooting that day. Sorry for the poor picture quality, you may have to click on the pic to see it clearly.