Personal bests

• A day of personal bests for the boys. Mo, the little guy on the left of the photo shot the grouper. He just turned 11. His brother, the one in the yellow shirt shot his pb mutton. The guy in between is a friend's son visiting from Hawaii and he got his biggest fish ever...a nice mutton.
    And even this old fart....that is close to my PB dog snapper.
    Jake's dog is good size too. Yesterday I was reminded of the movie, "the Avengers". The one where the god Loki says, "I HAVE AN ARMY" !!!! And Iron Man says calmly, "we have a Hulk". That's the way I felt yesterday. "We have a Jake". Without him I would have needed a scuba tank to get two of the fish. The big snapper I shot holed up right away. I dove down after a rest and saw that the line went deep into a hole which I kind of crawled into and saw and went, "shit".
    Jake swims over, breaths up, dives down, looks in hole, disappears in hole, comes out, swims to other side of rock, disappears in a hole again, pulls out fish, lets go and comes up. He says, "I have to go shoot it again". He breaths up, goes down, shoots fish, pulls it out as I feed line off my reel so it can do down through the hole and up to the surface. Unreal diving. It was only about 55 feet max but in and out of the holes....shit. Over head environment free diving....whooaaa.
    We found a nice spot where there were some "lone wolf" dog snappers hanging out and they were nice size. Hit a next spot and there were quite a few muttons showing up.
    It was all smiles. The boys were stoked.

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

Edited once, last by hank ().