Another PB belizediver (Jon) unreal cobia

• Check out the wetsuit Dan. haha.
    My buddy Jon, who is a member but never posts here so I had to do it for him....shot this monster cobia yesterday. He's going with us tomorrow so maybe he'll bring some of this luck with him. It's almost a holy shit fish. 70 lbs?
    If I remember right, he said it took three shots to subdue the beast. I'll get him to chime in here later. Unreal.

Edited once, last by hank ().

• Hey guys thanks for all the positive feedback on this fish. My buddy on the right from maimi had just shot a mutton @ 50 ft and spots an eagle-ray swimming by... He looks above it and sees this monster cobia swimming along. He points frantically in that direction.. Ive got my mark! I dive down hoping to take a shot in its lower neck behind the head from the top of the fish. The fish spooks a bit and starts swimming away... I get level with the fish and am seeing it swim away.. so I take a couple kicks. extend out Shelly my trusty Gressi Geronimo Elite 95cm with a single 3/4ths rubber stretched as far back as it will go. I see the side of the fish.. aim for the middle hoping to hit his backbone and take a shot.The shot lands exactly where I was aiming for (Shelly is accurate!).. He runs for about 10-12 ft and completely stops my buddy dives down to get another shot on him to make sure and he takes off again... SO my friend gets another shot near the midsection as a security shot and this really stuns the fish.. I call for the boat to give me a spare gun that is a free shaft set up dive down on the fish and put one final shot square in its head. Gotcha!! We have some underwater pictures of the action after I put the kill spear in its head here
    Cheers guys and happy diving,

Jon:toast:

• Damn what a small world! It's crazy to see a friend from Miami being posted by guys from a completely different part of the world. Nice fish and story.