Speardiver Stealth GoPro Mask for spearfishing and freediving

• The Speardiver Stealth spearfishing GoPro mask features a quick detach GoPro mask mount. Unlike other GoPro mask setups, the Stealth GoPro mount is attached with a stainless steel Allen bolt, and comes with a stainless steel allen key which allows installation and removal of the mount in under a minute. Once tightened the GoPro mount grips the mask hard and there is no shifting between the mask and mount. The Stealth GoPro mask mount only weighs 0.2 ounces practically not increasing the weight of the mask. It can be left on the mask ready to use with a GoPro camera, or kept off the mask until needed. A retention nut is incorporated into the mount, all that's required to attach the GoPro is the housing thumb screw.

The Speardiver Stealth is a low volume spearfishing and freediving mask. A minimalist approach was taken with its design, without compromising any of the details and functionality required from a freedive spearfishing mask. Extremely light weight at only 6 ounces (170g). The soft ample skirt provides an excellent seal with a wide range of face shapes. The skirt exterior is finished in a unique matte non reflective silicone. The frame above and below the lenses has a textured surface which allows a secure hold on the mask for flushing and repositioning, even with gloved hands. The Speardiver Stealth mask provides an excellent field of view in all directions. The mask strap length is adjusted by pressing two easily accessible push buttons. The mask strap is robust and stretchy.

The Speardiver Stealth mask is available from Spearfishing Store Speardiver Stealth Spearfishing Mask

• I cant say how well this mask feels diving yet. But it felt and looked so good on my face that I bought one despite picking up a Speardiver micromask from Dan only a few weeks ago and diving with it only a few times (but loving it over my bandit). My brother in law also purchased one despite planning on buying a micromask after using mine (he has a terrible time with masks)

My first impressions are: The skirt is amazing. Better than any other freediving mask ive put on my face. Very soft and comfy with a huge seal all around the face except the lip area where its the right size. Its got a lot of skirt but it very closely hugs your face and the frame so its not creating volume. It feels softer then both my micromask (pretty stiff) and even the Omer bandit (softer). Internal volume and field of view seems similar to the micromask with a solid edge for the stealth on FOV, and an edge for the micromask on volume, way better FOV then my bandit. The seal to my face is pretty much the best ive felt from a mask. Like I dont even need a strap.

Most importantly(not really), it makes me look cool(er) instead of goofy(er).Perhaps its the skirt shape and size and shape of the lenses but I feel like my other masks made me look kind of like a weird bug and this mask makes me look like a fighter pilot.

Overall im pretty impressed so far and cant wait to go diving with this thing and really try it out.

Edited 5 times, last by Reefchief ().

• Will it fit on someone with wide face such as me. I am looking forward replace my used scuba mask. This mask I am using does leak bit. And also I have big nose.

• Nice. I have two Aim Speardiver masks. They work great but the skirt is a little hard and after 5 hours or so the cartilage between my nostrils gets a little sore.
    I want one of these Venom masks. Maybe two. My wife wants one. Now..... Really. Like, before I go to Hawaii. In two weeks.....Dan? DAN !!! haha. For real dude....

• I
    Most importantly(not really), it makes me look cool(er) instead of goofy(er).Perhaps its the skirt shape and size and shape of the lenses but I feel like my other masks made me look kind of like a weird bug and this mask makes me look like a fighter pilot.

Overall im pretty impressed so far and cant wait to go diving with this thing and really try it out.

You sold me with the pictures. I just ordered two. :thumbup:

• Will it fit on someone with wide face such as me. I am looking forward replace my used scuba mask. This mask I am using does leak bit. And also I have big nose.

IMHO it will be very good for a wide face. I switched from the bandit to the micromask because the bandit was too small for my big nose and a little small on my face. The micromask was better, and the Speardiver Stealth mask even more so.

• Dan, is this the one with the strap that attaches to the skirt as opposed to the frame? Assuming so, I'm surprised you didn't mention it, I love that feature.
    As to the fit, assuming it's the mask I think it is, I have relatively wide face and it fit me very well when I put it on.

• Yes, the strap is attached to the skirt. I didn't mention it because it's become somewhat of a conventional feature with the modern freediving masks, yet most divers are not aware of it, and may perceive this design as untested. While on the contrary, as I explained to you and Steven, it allows for a lighter frame, and alleviates the pressure some divers feel on the bridge of their nose and/or brow bridge, which is due to the frame being pulled into their face by the mask strap.

• IMHO it will be very good for a wide face. I switched from the bandit to the micromask because the bandit was too small for my big nose and a little small on my face. The micromask was better, and the stealth even more so.

It's not your face....it's your forehead....or five head. :D
    Just joking buddy.....we come from the same blood. I have red haired brother and sister. Same forehead too.

• It's not your face....it's your forehead....or five head. :D
    Just joking buddy.....we come from the same blood. I have red haired brother and sister. Same forehead too.

Hahah. We're in the exclusive ginger blooded divers club. Single handedly keeping the rashguard and suntan lotion industries afloat.

One good thing about having such a noggin is the gopro headstrap works great and it never falls off ^^

• I got a chance to really put the Speardiver Stealth mask to the test over lobster mini season. Probably 14-16 hours of diving over 2 days. Half of it was only in 5-15ft but after limiting out each day we went spearfishing/freediving in deeper water.

I can now say without a doubt this mask is perfection. Wearing it was almost a revelation in how comfortable masks can be.

As I suspected. Its the best sealing, most comfortable mask ive ever worn in the water. It makes the fit (and FOV) of my bandit seem like a joke. And I wore the bandit for 2 years because it fit better then alternatives. I think its a combination of a really nice soft skirt, a good nose shape, a lot of contact and surface area between the skirt and the face, and the straps being on the skirt.

Im sure it doesnt work on every face. But I feel sorry for anyone who cant or doesn't have one.

Took a few pics at about 30 feet.

Mask_zps627a35e4.jpg

CHXN0xQ.jpg

• The nose piece looks to be a huge improvement of most of the masks I use. My biggest problem is having the bottom block my nostrils making it difficult to equalize the mask.

I am also very fond of the matt finish on the skirt.

Thanks for the pics!

• The nose piece looks to be a huge improvement of most of the masks I use. My biggest problem is having the bottom block my nostrils making it difficult to equalize the mask.

I am also very fond of the matt finish on the skirt.

Thanks for the pics!

I had a similar problem with my Omer Bandit. It is def a big improvement there. Not as much with equalizing the mask for me. But the constant pressure on the underside of my nose would make my nose feel bruised after a long day of diving. Id sometimes end up with the skirt almost in my mouth to relieve the discomfort.

• That's a great review on the Speardiver Stealth. I got one for me and one for my wife, who is finally wanting to start shooting fish. I gave my other mask to Doc.
    The Stealth masks should be here any day.