Speardiver Stealth GoPro Mask for spearfishing and freediving

• I know this post has been up awhile but I wanted to add my .02
    I just received the mask today and so far it does not deviate at all from the positive reviews it has received on here. It seals well and seems to be the most comfortable mask I have tried on so far. I will put it to the test tonight but I don't anticipate anything will change.
    Thanks to all who reviewed the mask on here. It made my choice very easy when I looked to replace my current Cressi.

• I bought one of these a few months back and also bought the gopro mount that Dan sells for it as well. I forget that Im even wearing the gopro its that comfortable. I dont feel any pressure from the mask and Ive been down to 85' with it so far no issues. Even beach diving for 6 hours or more and the mask is still comfortable. Definitely worth the $$$ IMO.

Chase

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• I bought one of these a few months back and also bought the gopro mount that Dan sells for it as well. I forget that Im even wearing the gopro its that comfortable. I dont feel any pressure from the mask and Ive been down to 85' with it so far no issues. Even beach diving for 6 hours or more and the mask is still comfortable. Definitely worth the $$$ IMO.

Chase

Chase. An you post a pic of you wearing g the mask and gopro?

i like to spear fish

Chase

I just got this mask last week (very nice!) and was curious about the security of the gopro mount. Have you notice the screw/mount loosen at all? I'm thinking of glueing it just in case

• I have ZERO issues with the mount moving period. If you are concerned, just put a little clear nail polish on the screw and it will keep it from backing itself out if at all possible. I usually do this to the screws on my fins.

Chase

BTW: the all black gopro housing I picked up @ bestbuy for $50.

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• I tested the mask a few days since I got it. I dove to 70' and I give it a 10 and :thumbup:
    Very comfortable great fov and a perfect seal. Highly recommend

• A few weeks ago I placed an order with Dan for a Omer bandit mask and gopro tripod mount as that has been my go to mask set up since forever basically (twice lost once stolen). He recommended to me I try the Speardiver Stealth mask since it is set up for mounting a gopro as is. I was reluctant as I had grown attached to the Omer mask and I had at first thought the concept was a bit gimmicky. But Dan knows me well and I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong so I agreed. When I got the mask ,as with any other ,the first thing I looked at was the skirt as that's obv one of the most important features. I knew right away the material was quality and I'd be happy. It has a greater field of vision than I was used to and is on par in terms of how low volume it is. I was pleased with the construction of the mask and equally pleased with the gopro mount. I love that you have the option to take it off and on (twist of an included Allen wrench) although it's so unobtrusive I will probably never take it off.
    For anyone who hasn't fitted a mask with a gopro here is why having it as a built in feature is so great as opposed to doing it yourself
    When you go to put a gopro tripod mount on a mask you need to find the right length screw to securely snug the mount but not dig into your forehead
    You then need to drill into the plastic of the masks frame to allow your screw. I botched this the first time and pierced the skirt = ruined mask
    Some masks do not have enough material in the frames center to allow for the screw (ultra low volume style masks) in which case you have to mess with epoxy and trust your gopro to that epoxy job.

Last ,and most importantly, over time or if not tightened correctly the gopro mount can tilt to the side without your knowledge and then you're leaning in your computer chair trying to watch yourself shoot a snapper at a 45* angle.

As far as fit the mask seals perfect for me even with beard stubble and I have a very narrow face.
    I read a bit further back in this thread that my dive buddy Nate had tried the mask out and it fit him as well and he had a much wider face.

Also I dove for 5 hours in the mask last weekend with minimal discomfort.
    So that's my take on the Speardiver Stealth mask, and I'm sure you can find threads on here somewhere where I claim I'd always stick with what I had been wearing previously.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

Edited once, last by sdeisen ().