Blue Water Float System/Rig for large Pelagic fish (DIY)

• Chase, a boat fender will collapse when pulled down by a fish. Pay attention to George and pick a couple bullet shaped lobster floats. They cost less than 10 bucks each. More than enough for wahoos.

I kind of figured that. I was just asking because one of my dive buddy's uses one. Luckily he didn't see any wahoo or his rig would've probably gone bye bye. I took the lazy route and ended up getting a 12L foam blown RA float. As Dan said about the lifeguard float, it has some weight outside of the water, but in the water I forgot it was even there.

Thanks,

Chase

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• Hey gorge are these floats poly styrene ones?
    I ask just because in Australia for lobster/ crayfish pots they use poly styrene floats that are hard as a rock.
    Just wondering if they are the same thing or if it is a different product.
    Cheers

• Hey gorge are these floats poly styrene ones?
    I ask just because in Australia for lobster/ crayfish pots they use poly styrene floats that are hard as a rock.
    Just wondering if they are the same thing or if it is a different product.
    Cheers

The orange/white ones are a foam material(not sure what it is) that is commonly used by fishermen... pliable, not hard shells.
    The yellow ones are EVA material and thats the shit! Soft and easy to handle but some maintain full buoyancy at hundreds of feet. Both types have never failed me nor my commercial fishing hook and line friends.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele