Cressi Nano mask review

• This is a review of the new Cressi Nano mask. Price is $79 at www.FreediveStore.com - Cressi Nano Mask. The very low internal volume and the frame/skirt integrated construction, put the Nano in the modern Micromask category along with Aualung Technisub Micromask, Speardiver Micromask, OMER Zero, and Sporasub Piranha. But unlike those masks, the Nano's skirt is nice and soft providing a better coverage and seal, with no leak under the nose even when contorting one's face. I feel the Cressi Nano will fit a much wider variety of faces than the other micromasks. I already had a few divers try it on and it fit everybody.

The Nano mask has very nice styling. The frame combines old school smooth curves, with a modern twist, allowing a very nice field of vision. It may be just my personal taste but I prefer this very much against the hard angular style which omer went with for its Zero and Piranha masks. They look alien to me, whereas I find the appearance of the Cressi Nano comforting, taking me back to my diving beginnings. The mask is available with two accent styles; gold and green. For myself I like the gold.

Disadvantages if any, there's no room on the frame of this mask to mount a GoPro camera. The relief in the area over the nose/middle of the mask will not allow even Xan's method of epoxying a mount. The mask strap is robust and looks durable, but is a tad less stretchy that what I'd consider ideal. If this is any real concern for someone, it's easily rectified by switching it out with a compatible softer mask strap.

• This is a really nice mask. It fits a much wider range of people than the micromask like Dan said. Another mask that has now entered this group is the Riffe Necton mask.

• I've been able to drill a small (approx 6mm) hole on the nose-bridge area of the mask, and have been able to attach a Gopro tripod mount to it. I'll take some pictures and post it here soon.

It's a tiny area to drill, and I believe that it's very easy to mess it up if not done carefully. The hole points slightly upwards, in the forward direction. Super stable with the right length of stainless steel screw.

• Here you go sir.
    From a year ago. My Nano/GoPro has been perfect for me.
    Hope this helps
    http://spearfishing.world/phot…tion-advice-please-2.html Post #20

This looks way better than the way I bolted on my tripod mount!
    I just drilled a hole through the bridge area... looks sketchy, but it's easy to mess up the drilling location! Thankfully, I got it right! :)

For people who own the Cressi Nano, Hau's method is way more safer and better than mine!

• This is my opinion developed from my over twenty years of Spearfishing...nothing beats the Cressi masks...PERIOD. I love the fit of their masks, the comfort, but most of all (and this where Cressi out does everyone else!) the visibility due to their patented angled lens...can't be beat! I have tried the Nano and love it. If only these Cressi Matrix masks that I've been wearing for about 10 years (?) would wear out or break I would order a pair of Nanos from you Dan. But My Cressi masks (and my Boys'... 4 masks total) just seem to never break, leak, or give us any reason to change. Did I mention the amazing downward visibility?!:laughing:

Makoa

HUI KOA KAI O HAMAKUA
    MAHALO KE AKUA
    E MALAMA I KE KAI

• This is my opinion developed from my over twenty years of Spearfishing...nothing beats the Cressi masks...PERIOD. I love the fit of their masks, the comfort, but most of all (and this where Cressi out does everyone else!) the visibility due to their patented angled lens...can't be beat! I have tried the Nano and love it. If only these Cressi Matrix masks that I've been wearing for about 10 years (?) would wear out or break I would order a pair of Nanos from you Dan. But My Cressi masks (and my Boys'... 4 masks total) just seem to never break, leak, or give us any reason to change. Did I mention the amazing downward visibility?!:laughing:

Makoa

Which ones do you use? I need a new mask and I've always used Omer.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Which ones do you use? I need a new mask and I've always used Omer.

He has the cressi matrix. It is the same exact one I have also used for as long as I can remember. It is hard to for me to switch to anything else. I think the Nano by Cressi is excellent from the looks of it.

Makoa

I agree with you Makoa!
    Cressi make great masks and snorkels. I even like their footpockets (Gara 2000 and 3000).
    Sadly, their guns are built with small fish in mind. Super light and easy to handle guns though!

• I have the Matrix. My boys have the Lince (Matrix only smaller). I also found that one of my boys bought the Nano and has been using that. The Matrix is hard to beat for field of view. The Nano is great too for extreme low volume and also field of view but the lenses are smaller like the Lince. The Matrix is low volume but with slightly larger lenses, so it suits my needs. The angled lenses of Cressi really do give you a great field of vision down. There is no obstruction to your view. I just tried my sons Nano and it is great but a slightly smaller "window" than the Matrix.

Makoa

HUI KOA KAI O HAMAKUA
    MAHALO KE AKUA
    E MALAMA I KE KAI