Speargun accidents watch where you point it!

• A polespear customer of mine sent me this one, he stumbled on it in web browsing.

He asks how in the hell does that happen?

Thought of a caption.

" Man I was so close to getting that trophy fish. my diver buddy was almost in the way but he stuck his nose in where it did not belong and cost me that nice fish. I knew I could clear him had he not turned his head "

Any other clever captions out there?

• Oh my God......

This is EXACTLY why it is sooo very hard for me to take people on my boat other than my 2 Sons and Cedric.
    Everyone locally thinks its some kind of an exclusive clique. Its just that i dont want something like this or drowning to happen on my vessel.

I cannot imagine being a Charter Captain for spearfishing.

• From Traumatismo craneal perforante por arpón de pesca: A propósito de un caso

A 34-year-old male shot himself in the head with a speargun in a suicide attempt. He did not lose conciousness and was taken to his local hospital where he arrived alert and didn't show any neurological deficit in a quick neurological evaluation. Before being transferred to our hospital the patient was anesthetized and intubated. The trajectory of the harpoon did not impede the intubation maneuver. On arrival at our Intensive Care Unit the man was sedated and showed stable vital signs. The proximal half of the arrow was cut shorter to mobilize the patient better. This procedure was performed with an cold saw (sawing machine that uses a circular saw blade to cut metal) with extreme caution to prevent transmission of vibrations trough the brain. The arrow traversed the patient's head: the entry point was the submental region and the projectile passed trough the tongue, palatal bone, right ethmoidal bone, medial wall of orbital apex, anterior cranial fossa and finally the frontal lobe before reaching the exit point in the right coronal suture about 4 cms away from the sagital sinus.

• Tragic..... but how stupid to try to kill yourself like that! Either he is a real dumb bastard or a proper attention whore!

• Tragic..... but how stupid to try to kill yourself like that! Either he is a real dumb bastard or a proper attention whore!

Give the guy a break, will you?
    I have seen some of the strongest guys succumb to a deep depression and it is a all-wrecking decease as potentially deadly as cancer. Yet, people never talk trash about a cancer victim, so please grow some respect, find some knowledge and perhaps, when it happens to someone near you, you will be a bit more understanding and less ignorant.

I think it is pretty established fact that if you are depressed enough to try to kill yourself, you rarely possess the mental resources to go about it in the most analytical way. And if you are seeking attention and not really wanting to die, you generally don't do it with ballastics.

Cheers,
    D.

• Interesting perspective diving Gecko, really cool of you to interject that sobering perspective. I also was thinking moron, but now I see it in the way I should have, instead of being callous and judgmental.
    Peace.

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• I have an AB Biller 54 that started miss-firing repeatedly all of a sudden. After the fifth time the same day I retired the gun. Biller sent me a new mech several months later, but now I don't trust the gun. I have yet to load it since.

Now I build my own guns using METAL parts. No more plastic crap for me.

• Common story with abbiller guns, I have had my same mech on my old 54 for over a decade though.

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Fisherman reportedly survives spear through his head

A fisherman reportedly is safe and sound after a spear pierced both sides of his head during an excursion on the open seas.

The Daily Mail reports the incident happened somewhere in the Bahamas after photos of the man went viral across the globe.

The photos show the unidentified man with a spear going through the left side of head to the right, with blood covering the bottom of his face.

Apparently, whatever doctors were able to do proved to be successful as another picture showed the same man post-surgery. The man is bandaged up, surrounded by two others who are obviously happy that he's still alive.