Miami spearfishing tournamet 2014 video

• Worked for me. Interesting video done differently. Thanks.

Edited for comment: I was curious about the number of small fish and also the variety taken and entered in the competition as shown at the weigh-in. Do all fish regardless of species count the same for points or dd different fish count more points than others. Looked like a couple of large Lion fish in one of the coolers.

Some impressive deep dives on the 120 ft site.

What float line are they using? Looked thin like a ski rope and tangled easily. Could be very bad if they had speared something really big or a larger Amberjack and got tangled up like they did. They need your new float line.

Did you participate Dan?

Edited 3 times, last by Oscar ().

• Some impressive deep dives on the 120 ft site.

What float line are they using? Looked thin like a ski rope and tangled easily. Could be very bad if they had speared something really big or a larger Amberjack and got tangled up like they did. They need your new float line.

Ans--Yellow float line is same line that I have been using for years, is Home Depot hollow braided poly. Cheap. $12.
    Comes in 50, 100ft, 1/4in, 3/8in, etc. I use 1/4in 100ft most times. Easy to tie on another 100footer if situation requires longer float line.
    "hope this helps:)"

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• Nice vid. I sure wish I was shooting/eating a few of those YJs right now.

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• I really enjoyed that, do you have to be in the 110 foot range to be competitive in that area? I get pissed everytime i see that dufus dragging the fish through the grass, someone slap that man in the back of the head please, so disrespectful to the fish!

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Relative to the Bahamas, South and Central America and other places, Miami is a dessert. You can find good fish but it is much easier to do consistently if you can dive deep. Also many of the wrecks in miami are in 100' plus and the more lively reefs are in 60' or more.

There is a lot of pressure on the fish here and its probably time to adjust at least a few of the regulations.