July 2 & 3 PNW Harvest

• The last two days I have been on the coast and in the sound above Seattle. The coast yielded a couple of nice Lingcod and a tasty species we call Cabezon.

Today was the Dungeness Crab opener for the Puget Sound. Our limits are not as generous as what Treebilly experiences but five is enough. Way too many bottom scraping bubble blowers out today but we were quicker then them.

Good eats for Independence Day. Happy fourth all.

• Are the Cabezon plentiful in AK? All of the fishing I did in the SE I cannot recall ever catching a Cabezon. Lots of variety but no Cabbies.

SR1

• From what I've seen up there the Irish Lord is the big sculpin on the block. Never seen a cabezon in AK. Great pics and report. Deep in trout season here and itching to dive.

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• I forgot to add, those dungys are my favorite shellfish bar none. :D

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• Stick em... Deep in trout season sounds good to me. I rarely get a chance to fish my three weight anymore since living in Idaho.

Tree... I think they get thicker as you head south. I saw dozens down in Santa Barbara area last lobster season. I don't see them all of the time here and rarely shoot them. Like their name suggests they are all head. You don't get big fillets from them. You ever make it down to the Seattle area in the summer or fall?

SR1

• You ever make it down to the Seattle area in the summer or fall?

SR1

Only for connecting flights:thumbsup2: it's been a few years since I've spent any time in Seattle.

I've eaten a few sculpins and wasn't impressed enough to try another. The other big ones I've tried like bigmouth & great sculpin taste ok but were extremely wormy.