Weekend Ling Hunting

• Got out to the coast to chase the Lingcod again. The fish were in hiding today as we had to work pretty hard to find fish doing almost 42 dives Saturday.

Visibility was not great but still manageable. This pic will be a nice deviation from the standard picnic table shot.

• Nice lings. I have yet to get one of those with a spear. I will have to try when abalone season opens again.

You can still hunt Lings in July. Going to try to dive on Wednesday in Fort Bragg, watching water conditions.

I looked up your location, Long drive up here.

Edited once, last by Linghunt: added note ().

• Most of my coastal diving takes place in a boat but we do have some good shore spots. This was one of those.

SR1

• You can still hunt Lings in July. Going to try to dive on Wednesday in Fort Bragg, watching water conditions.

I looked up your location, Long drive up here.

Yeah its a long drive but I try to make it at least once a year. Found a cool spot to stay at in Fort Bragg and have done some camping in Mendocino area. Really gorgeous country up there. I just never seem to find much in regards to game fish in the area. Mostly rainbow perch and kelp fish. If I am lucky I get cabezon and black rockfish. Good luck on your dive. :thumbsup2: