Tapering Bands

• Yes. With some skills.

Introduce a long nail into the band orifice and it will be a lot easier. ;)

I just do it with some scissors. I'm too lazy to do it right. But used to do it with a Dremmel.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• The theory. I say it is bs. Is that the tapered bands move through the water with less turbulence and resistance. So more speed. I can't imagine it makes enough of a difference to effect any thing. Like hundreds of tenths of a second

i like to spear fish

• A bench grinder is one easy way of doing it, Dremel may introduce a few challenges.
    The advantage of tapering band ends is minimal. Besides aesthetics it helps the ends pull closer to the shaft aiding in a better line of sight. Last picture was not taken to show the band ends so I did not focus on that but hopefully you can make it out.

• So I bought a Dremel tool for $50 which came with an assortment of attachments. The bands came out nice and I'll post pics later to show the new Speardiver kill spike muzzle that I bought from Dan and put on my pathos laser open pro 110. I do think it gives a nicer sight picture, but you salt dogs are probably used to your setups already so maybe it wont matter. To be honest I just like to tinker and tweak my gear. I used to do the same thing when I was in the military. Old habits I suppose...

Later,

Chase

Relax & Go Spearfishing