Action in PR

• Hi guys!

After spending a lot of time looking for them, I finally shot an African Pompano. Used a nice chum with crushed lobster heads and some cero mack guts. I was looking for the usual dog snapper when the AP showed up. Didn't had the camera recording since I was breathing up.

Shot it, and the bands tangled on the shooting line. The fish swam offshore while I was in pursuit of my gun. It was a horrible shot placement so I played him nicely. Fish only weighted 14.7 lbs.

[VIMEO]128628266[/VIMEO]

I'm now using the Speardiver Predator suit and can't be more happy with my purchase. Perfect fit, super comfy, and a great quality. Thanks Dan!

• You may want to be careful posting pics of mutton snappers as the season here in PR is closed. April 1 till May 31

This is why I don't post that much. Before you make an assumption like this one, verify the date! That mutton was shot on August of 2014...

I do follow all the law, rules and regulations of my island, but thanks for your concern. Espero que seas puertoriqueño y no alguien que viene de afuera, a decirme que hacer en mi propia isla...

• I wish you would post more! Spaghetti Western theme music, awesome. Really enjoy your hunting bruddah! So line tangled, meaning no line played out? so you had to swim like elma fud after a bunny rabbit [emoji1]
    Great knife work at the end.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

Edited 3 times, last by Dude george ().

• Awesome African Pompano!
    They're one of my favorite fish to eat! Firm, white, tasty meat!

Thank you! Couldn't believe how good they taste, great meat for nuggets.

I wish you would post more! Spaghetti Western theme music, awesome. Really enjoy your hunting bruddah! So line tangled, meaning no line played out? so you had to swim like elma fud after a bunny rabbit [emoji1]
    Great knife work at the end.

Thanks George! hahahaha that's Hans Zimmer music from Lone Ranger. Yes it was a hectic moment, for a couple of minutes I thought I lost the gun. I already changed the wishbones setup and now it doesn't tangle. Long swim back to shore, but well worth it. I stabbed the fish to gain some control on him, that calmed him a bit :D

My bad! I apologize. Thought it was as a current post. Let me make it up to you. Take a day trip to Culebra and We'll go out to the reefs off Culebrita.

No worries! I was supposed to be there this week, but we agreed to postpone the trip for June, when muttons season is open. I'll let you know when I'm there, thanks!

Another cool video! Nice looking fish.

Thanks Billy!

Cool

Thanks!

• Nice video! AP is one of my favorites as well. But I don't deep fry them. Just a little bit of salt and pepper and grill it in a pan with some olive oil. It's all it needs.

Did you see what was in the stomach? Almost always is squid!

Now, I hope it doesn't gets one more year until your next post....

One question: It is not too warm right now for a 3 mm wetsuit in PR? I remember using mine just for 3-4 months. The rest of the year I used a worn off wetsuit or just a full lycra suit.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Thanks Marco! Funny you say that, it did had squids, used it as chum. I do have some more footage just need to organize it.

For regular people is warm already, I just get cold easily. 72F is cold for me. With the 1.5mm I start shivering after 45 mins in the water, now it doesn't happen. If it gets too warm with the 3mm I just flush it.

• They used to show up in my grouds in Venezuela when the squids got close to shore.

There was a place where we cold find them regularly, but not too big and deeeeeeep....

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.