Speargun Safety video

• His buddy was in front of muzzle as well. Pausing at gun when he goes back down, looks like it's cocked and ready to rock.

• Okay, I have a gun but am trying to hunt with a polespear, k, so your trying to be a badass and take down fish with a polespear, I get that and will also do that... but explain why the feck you would hang a fully loaded gun on your float line? If you need a backup shot one band quickly loaded would do. BUT he also has a buddy shadowing him with a speargun who takes a shot on a fish that seems solid! So my question is, are you pretending to shoot fish with a polespear to brag? Why not just shoot with your speargun in the first place? Ummmm maybe the fully loaded gun is incase you run into a fish that out classes your pole, but wouldn't you have to go back to your gun and unhook it like he was trying to? took him ages, same time to load for me. .. confusing for me the whole thing.
    Who would dive with a loaded gun pointing at his buddy when descending and pointed at yourself when ascending? Someone explain this technique to stupid old me please?

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Glad it wasn't just me thinking it was strange and not typical.

UN-attended loaded speargun dangling off a float line is not common practice, I would hope.

Hopefully this thread might help others think about their hunting tactics and practices. I know we all dread to hear about events that go wrong.

This might be more common than any of us realize was my initial fear.

• I some time let my gun set at the surface when I dive to get crab but I make sure the gun isn't in my way when I come bace up

• Bounce to TOP. Had limited comments before.

After the Kid getting a Spear Shaft Through his Head. Any comments on this speargun handling technique?

This kinda stuff is main cause of those bad news days....