150lb+ Yellowfin Tuna I shot 19.10.14

• Anyone seeing those ascension island videos of guys paying to shoot big yellowfin? I don't know how it all works so reluctant to voice my opinion, BUT based on the footage its a little upsetting to me, not sure why but the fish are so tame that it seems unsportsmanlike, you don't pay 4k a man to go there for another reason than sport, and if the fish eat out of your hand where is the sport?

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Anyone seeing those ascension island videos of guys paying to shoot big yellowfin? I don't know how it all works so reluctant to voice my opinion, BUT based on the footage its a little upsetting to me, not sure why but the fish are so tame that it seems unsportsmanlike, you don't pay 4k a man to go there for another reason than sport, and if the fish eat out of your hand where is the sport?

I had the exact same thought! I think a large part of the appeal of our sport is tied to the word "sport". Many videos of the Acension Tuna feels like shooting a Tuna in a open water cage where tuna are kept to fatten up for the market. Sure - still have to fight and land one - but the shooting reminds me of the Deer "hunts" here where I am not native - Texas- where "hunting" deer is over feeders and bait. I call that harvesting not "hunting." :nono:

Just saying!