Almost PB permit, having a streak of bad luck! :(

• Thanks for posting this. Big fish pics are great but learning from mistakes is the most valuable thing on this site. I promise to post it the next time I do something similar. :thumbsup2:....hopefully in the distant future....

Me too - now what is the subject? The nice part of being older than dirt - only need one book and you make love to a new woman every day :laughing:

• Yup Jake was soooo right, i messed up! I shoot fish all the time and don't post the vids or pictures, but the tuna and then the permit both had lessons to be learned, so I shared [emoji4] even though it doesn't show me as a rock star [emoji1]
    That day with the tuna I shot a crap load of dolphin but didn't even take pictures as they are around and no challenge, now if I had shot a 50lb bull!

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Yup Jake was soooo right, i messed up! I shoot fish all the time and don't post the vids or pictures, but the tuna and then the permit both had lessons to be learned, so I shared [emoji4] even though it doesn't show me as a rock star [emoji1]

Like the day I learned that crimps on steel cable won't hold a 40 lb plus king....:(...or when Jake learned that a single flopper won't hold a ....???....70 lb or bigger....black in a hole. Or a 70 lb cobia will roll, jump out of the water and twist a shaft right out of its head.

But what else would you have done? " oh....I don't think I'll go spearfishing today. My Lock Tight is past its expired date and it's possible that I could lose a tip....". Yeah....riiiiiight.....

And these are the "good" mistakes we make. No one got hurt. :)

• Just did a overhaul on my reef guns, and the 120 euro that I was shooting the permit with just got a flopper shaft put in, no screw in bits [emoji1] . But in Trinidad I had a big jack break a flopper off, I guess no matter what you do sometimes "shit happens"

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele