Sargasso Sea over blooming?

• I've been reading for the last three years about more and more of this sea weed blowing up on beaches of the Caribbean. it's been getting a bit worse here but it's just gone insane. Check out the pictures. It blows into our supply canal, dies and within a couple days, goes anaerobic. (black and stink)

It's all over the beaches to the north and south of us. What the hell? The Sargasso Sea is a huge breeding ground for this in the Atlantic but why is it changing? It is a strong El Nino. No hurricanes but strong east trade winds a LOT this year. Check these pic of our canal. You can't grow anything in this. And it's going to take a long time for this bio load to breakdown and get washed away. I would guess months. All the fish in our canal died a couple weeks ago when this happened. Now it's worse.

You can see in the one pic where the sea weed is covering the back surface of the canal. The black water comes two days later.
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

• This stuff is really 'crap'. Stinks up the beaches, destroys visibility, clogs up fishing lines, seeds block water pumps in outboard motors, and gets so thick it is hard to surface thru when diving. This is the third time we've been 'swamped' by this stuff this year. Hank I feel your pain!

• This stuff is really 'crap'. Stinks up the beaches, destroys visibility, clogs up fishing lines, seeds block water pumps in outboard motors, and gets so thick it is hard to surface thru when diving. This is the third time we've been 'swamped' by this stuff this year. Hank I feel your pain!

I don't see any end to this in the near future. If it's on the Eastern Caribbean, it's going to keep blowing here for the next months. This is a serious problem for us. We have to redesign our seawater intake system. And it's not cheap. $$$$ :(