How to salvage an Ole South African Buddy

• Spd, I don't know if the strap runs the entire length of the float tho. It its so I guess is deeply embedded within the foam core. Is a great float, but it has this major design drawback, no wonder why they stopped to produce it.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• You could always drill a hole thru the entire length, insert a plastic tube, then run a new nylon strap thru the whole thing. Tie knots at each end with washers in between the knots and buoy.

• Why didn't you just drilled a hole there? (see the picture) and put a 300# crimped mono loop?

That should hold and you can change the loop as many times as needed when it looks weared...

But simpler solutions aren't always the ones you see first... :rolleyes1:

• Why didn't you just drilled a hole there? (see the picture) and put a 300# crimped mono loop?

That should hold and you can change the loop as many times as needed when it looks weared...

But simpler solutions aren't always the ones you see first... :rolleyes1:

It would work, I wouldn't trust it on any fish worthy of giving the buoy a good tug.
    The concentrated area of the mono loop could end up shearing through the plastic with enough force...Id rather over do it than under do it.

That's assuming this is the loop attached to a tag line. if it just clips and kui it should be solid enough.