Rollergun advice?

• Hey!

Old post but lets see if I can get some help.

Recently modified my rail gun to a roller.

Shoots good and love all about it.

Only problem is the wishbone breaks way to fast. The first was with dyneema and the second with kevlar.

They both snapped I assume when they hit the muzzle rails.

The pretension is "normal" nothing to crazy.

Really surprised about this problem, went fishing 6 different times in total with both wishbones breaking at some point.

Any thought and help will be appreciated.

Hope I made things clear.

Cheers!

• That line is not true dyneema. It is dyneema cored polyester. It sucks balls. (pardon my french)

Use dyneema cored dyneema (aussie line) or braided spectra (dynaglyde, neptonics, etc). this goes for reel line as well, dont waste your money on the cheep poly sleeve dyneema.

In any case it may not be your wishbone elevator (bridge on muzzle). It may be your shaft. Make sure your notches are smooth. Rob allen and other SA style shafts tend to have the best notches for dyneema style wishbones. If youre not able to file the notches smooth. invest in a shaft with low profile sharkfins.

• Hey!

I think I finally figured it out.

I was not loading the shaft on the last sharkfin since I don't need all that power.

The wishbone elevator on the muzzle is quite low so that last sharkfin was literally "slicing" the wishbone with plenty of speed and power.

Started loading all the way to the last sharkfin an no more broken wishbones.

Certainly love the roller mod more than the rail gun.

Next gun a brand new roller after I gain more experience in the water and hunting. For now this modified gun is awesome.

Thanks to all!!!