GoPro Video

• Link

My son and daughter gave me a go pro for XMAS and it one thing to show people pictures of what you have caught and it's quite another thing to b ring them along with you and show them how you caught it. So I just got back from the Philippines (We have a house on the China Sea) and this is my first attempt at filming under water underwater. I gad no idea what kind of quality to expect or proper setting so this is basically push the button and film right out of the box. My reef has been pretty fished out over the last few years and I was lucky enough to catch threeSpanish mackerels this trip. I am usually doing off shore diving but as you will see I have a small Bunka boat that I use to go out to a second reef further from the shore. I have posted off and on this board over the past few years but really wanted to share this video because its turned out pretty cool. I got a lot of footage over the two months. I went diving every day but put this together like a trailer for a movie using I movie. I can't believe how good the quality is for a cheap $150 GOPRO Sessions 4

Hope you like it.

Henry

When I am not sleeping, I'm Spearfishing.
    My Aeris 10 only records 99 dives.
    I use them all every day the China Sea will admit me.

• Any responsible sane person knows you shouldn't go swimming alone much less spearfishing a mile off shore. In addition to that fundamental sound safety precaution I double dare the wrath of the gods having suffered two heart attacks and two stroke in the last ten years. Yet I fished alone every day three plus hours in the morning and then take a nap and fish from 3:00pm to sunset. Foolish you may say and foolish I may be rushing in where angels fear to tread. All that aside Now that I am 68 I am going to hire a local young local fisherman to accompany me on daily trips. A fishing village is located about two miles up the beach from my house in the Philippines on the China Sea and I can have a young lad stay in the cabin in the back of our compound when I visit. It would only cost me about $80 a month. Still it was nice to fish in solitude. I just got back from a trip April 26th that lasted for 7 weeks. It didn't rain one day. It was the best trip I have ever had. I caught more fish in better conditions it was like a perfect storm of calm pleasant lazy heaven. So you don't think me the complete fool there are other fisherman out and about most of the time. While they are not monitoring my dives, short of a black out help is in the vicinity.

• That video was awesome! I have the deepest respect for you sir and your stamina!

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Ok I had some spare time on my hands and knocked out two more videos from my recent trip to the Philippines. I was there for seven weeks in our house on the China Sea in Northern Luzon. As I mentioned earlier my son got me a gopro for Xmas and I can't believe the excellent quality that it produces.

This is right out of the box with no previous experience and I think is is pretty cool. I have had some time to do some decent editing with Imovie and have a semi professional music editing program program with a library of music I purchased the royalities to years ago when I was in education.

I never really did much with it but when I got the spearfishing video I decided to become the Stephen Spieleberg of spearfishing videos. (not) Still Check out the two videos one is called reef fish of the Philippines (I have hundreds of pictures taken over the last ten years which makes for an interesting record of fish found on the reef in front of my house.) The video however shows me tracking down and shooting a few reef fish set to interesting background music.

The other video I made for my older kids that often accuse me of being selfish when I take off each year for about two months to live in our house on the China Sea in Northern Luzon. My wife and two youngest children remain here in the states because I can't pull them out of school for that long of a period of time. Up until they reached they high school we ventrued as a family every year for the past 13 years. They understand why I go and fully support it but my oldest three kids who have never been and are unfamiliar with my passion to fish don't understand how I can justify such trips the last three years.

Well I suppose it is selfish but I am 68 years old, I have a limited amount of seasons left and what the hell what about me. lol The point is I made a short video called "Why I Go" to give them a superficial explanation as to why I do go and will continue to go until the sea will no longer accept me.

I know you guys will get it and I hope you check it out. It is a little different the your typical spearfishing Video.

Why I go.

Reef Fishing Puerto Beach Philippines.