John Dickinson, Florida Freedivers owner is a little scammer

• I was tidying up my emails and found this one from 5 years ago. It's funny reading it now so before deleting the email I'm copying it here for your entertainment. If you have the patience or interest to read it.. I'm talking to John Dickinson who claims to be the owner of Florida Freedivers, I understand he's Jonathan Dickinson's father. John won a gift certificate from Ihab of Niletec Spearguns, at the Spearboard Big Bang spearfishing tournament, achieving 29th place :) and is acting like a top notch freeloader.

Keep in mind this is a reputable dive shop owner lying to get two additional $500 spearguns on top of the two he already received. The split spearguns he's talking about is a chip in the epoxy coating. Being a Niletec dealer at the time Ihab asked me to take care of this matter locally. The email chain starts at the bottom, with John forwarding me his emails with Ihab, after I requested them to get a clear idea of the situation. Before that John was expecting me to give him two more free spearguns.

------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:34 PM

To: Freedive Store

Subject: Re: Order

Let me apologize for my emails to you. I should have been the bigger man and not answered for first email calling me a liar.

All the best to you.

John

On Jan 5, 2014, at 8:26 PM, Freedive Store wrote:

Since you emphasized how well you’re doing a number of times (without me asking), I’ll wager it’s the contrary and in reality Florida freedivers is doing worse than it has in the past. Also didn’t you say during our phone conversation that you only paid for the business and it’s your son and his wife that actually run it? What are you doing filling orders then? And answering emails on your iphone? Must be another lie. That said, step back and look at yourself man, you’re sending messages boasting about how well your business is doing, to someone you don’t know and never met. If I was doing so well I sure wouldn’t tell you about it. Hell knowing the kind of cash you’re raking in, someone may decide to walk into your store, take a tumble onto a speargun tip and sue.

Regards,

Dan

Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 7:42 PM

Would love to chat more but I'm busy filling the 16 on line orders we received today.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 5, 2014, at 7:36 PM, Freedive Store wrote:

29th place at the spearboard bubble blowing tournament must be a real ego booster LOL

Regards,

Dan

Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 7:09 PM

You have no clue... you are right about one thing though. Mike did put FLF on the map but we have tripled his sales and showroom. Even Mike is amazed at what we have done. Don't need anything from you. We only carry QUALITY gear in our shop.

I have never asked for a free gun but many have been given to me to try and ask my opinion. The reason I even tried the gun is because I won it in a spearfishing tournament. Oh but wait.... I don't know anything about spearfishing do I. I guess I need to box up all my trophies since you have spoken.

All the best,

John

On Jan 5, 2014, at 6:41 PM, Freedive Store wrote:

Speaking of true colors you are self admittedly a freeloader, you think you deserve stuff for free, but I already figured that out a few emails ago. You got 2 free guns and want another, and are ready to lie to get it. But you won’t be getting anything free from me. I think you don’t know much about spearguns or spearfishing gear, so whether you think highly of a gun or not makes no difference. Riffe sells because it’s Riffe, and Florida Freedivers is on the map because of Mike Dams, not anything you’ve done.

P.S. let me know if you need any dive socks.

Regards,

Dan

Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 6:25 PM

Cc: Ihab Hanna

I did not lie. You can ask anyone in the freedive industry and they will tell that is the case. I have no reason to lie. I own over 25 different guns and was just mistaken. I can have any gun made for me for FREE because builders know me and when I think highly of a gun it flies off our shelves. We sold over 200 Riffe guns last year alone. Both guns are split and I sent Ihab photos to show it. We didn't become the LARGEST freedive shop in the USA for no reason. Best of luck calling your prospective customer liars. Let's see how that works for you. No reason to answer.... your true colors are obvious.

On Jan 5, 2014, at 6:09 PM, Freedive Store wrote:

You don’t expect to be taken seriously about both guns “splitting” after you lied about the guns you received, do you? Don’t answer, it’s a rhetorical question.

Regards,

Dan

Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 5:21 PM

No thanks... since both the other guns have split I will decline.

On Jan 5, 2014, at 1:50 PM, Freedive Store wrote:

It’s clear from the picture in your last email that one of the guns is Enclosed Track. In this case you received what was agreed upon and we are not obliged to give you a free gun.

Do you want to buy the 100cm enclosed track gun that was made for Bobbi per your request? Price is $300 not rigged (no shaft, bands, shooting line, bungee) plus shipping or pick up in Fort Lauderdale.

Regards,

Dan

Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 6:59 AM

Cc: Ihab Hanna

The larger gun is enclosed track but I have always shot an open track and prefer open. Bobbi's gun is an open track and she always likes an enclosed track. Here is a photo of both guns.

Sorry for the confusion.

John

On Jan 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Freedive Store wrote:

Ihab said one of the guns you received should’ve been Enclosed Track. To avoid confusion, when you get a chance please send me a pic of the guns side by side so the tracks are visible.

Regards,

Dan

Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 9:37 PM

Yes both are open track

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 4, 2014, at 9:13 PM, Freedive Store wrote:

Hi John,

Reading the emails I gather that you were supposed to receive one Enclosed Track 110cm gun and one Open Track 100cm gun. Are you saying that both guns you received are Open Track?

Regards,

Dan

Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 12:26 PM

Subject: Order

Hi Dan,

Here is one of the emails from Ihab. It has been so long since we did the transaction I had to look at the emails to remember. As you can see the gun were supposed to be with enclosed track but however they were not. The guns we received were open tracks.

So since we did not get the right guns and since the guns split (see photos) I was under the impression that the gun would be a replacement. The other thing to note is my Gift Certificate was for $900 and we only spent about $600 of it.

Thanks for you help and we look forward to meeting you.

John Dickinson

BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE:

On July 25, 2013, at 2:49:05 AM, Ihab Hanna wrote:

Hi John,

I will upgrade your order from Nile-Tec Reef 110 to Nile-Tec Reef 110 Enclosed track (new model with graphite/epoxy ET) not yet posted on my site.

Best Regards,

Ihab Hanna

Sent: July 24, 2013 1:51 AM

To: Ihab Hanna

Email: ptsearch@aol.com

Here is my order Ihab.

Thanks, John

John Dickinson

9948 SE Oak Tree Ter

Jupiter, FL 33469

United States

Qty.

Item Name

Total

2 x

1.5mm Half Tuff Socks

· Size: X-LARGE

$45.00

1 x

Nile-Tec Reef

· Speargun Size: 110 cm

$520.00

1 x

Reef-Tec

· Speargun Size: 100 cm

$275.00

On Jul 21, 2013, at 10:06 PM, Ihab Hanna wrote:

You're welcome. I'm out of stock on most of the Hammerhead products. Let me know what you need.

Best Regards,

Ihab Hanna

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 3:58 AM

Thank you! I look forward to ordering from your website. Can I order some of the hammerhead products as well?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2013, at 8:44 PM, Ihab Hanna wrote:

Hello John,

Congratulations and I'll be glad to help.

You can select whatever product(s) you see on my site under the brand Nile-Tec.

Best Regards,
    Ihab Hanna

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 1:49 AM

Hello,

I am the winner of the $900 Gift Certificate from your store at the Big Bang

Open in Palm Beach, FL. Please let me know how to place an order with you.

Thanks,

John

• Realicé conversaciones con antiguos dueños de Florida Freedivers en el pasado 2010 creo, personas respetuosas y responsables. Creo recordar que eran distribuidores Rob Allen en USA o algo así, la señora que no recuerdo su nombre, mencionó que estaban en proceso de venta de la tienda.

Gajes del oficio Dan, gracias por compartir.

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!

• You were probably dealing with Mike Dams (the founder/original owner) and his wife who knew their stuff. The Dickinsons bought Florida Freedivers from Mike a few years ago.

Yes, it was with the old owners.

After reading your experience, I believe that I never have more contact with that store.

Selling is easy, making a name is the right way.

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!

• It wasn't my intention to make their store look bad. I'm sure if you buy from them you'll be fine. Getting serious spearfishing advice probably another story.. I just thought that guy was full of shit, and funny in retrospect. I do think that to a degree that's the kind of transaction one can expect when marketing through Spearboard that's why I posted in this section.

• I was inside of Florida Freedivers two weeks ago and instantly felt the difference. You could tell the store was under new ownership as a bunch of inexperienced kids were working there. I was approached by a young teenage female employee who asked if I needed help. I told her I was there to look for float line. She replied “remind me what that’s for again.” This was not the experience when Mike and his wife ran the store. Mike or his wife would have shown me every option of float line and given me their experience with the pros and cons of each etc. It was always a 1+ hour trip for me that I’d look forward to making from time to time. I just won’t be going as it’s no longer worth it.