Neptonics AR-15 handle conversion

• Hi Spearfishing world,

Taking a break from the roller build due to some design changes I am incorporating, so decided to modify my Yellowfin 140CM gun from the handle I built 20 years ago, to the Neptonics AR-15 handle I am also using on the 95 CM roller gun.

I became really impressed with this take-down handle when I first saw it at the Neptonics shop in Long Beach. It is made by Charlie Sturgill's company so I know it must be of good quality. The build was pretty straight forward as you can see. Spent most of the day on it, but now the gun can fit into a fairly slender tube for traveling, and is likely much stronger as well. Plus, I can try out a variety of grips and swap them between guns.

I will be modifying the White Seabass gun next, all while working on the roller build, which I will be working on this week.

• I really like this handle; I have used it on several builds. Because it does not depend on screws, but is Mortised and pinned in place, I feel it is a stronger connection than screw in types. There are a number of after market grips that, too me, are more comfortable and ergonomic than the stock AR 15 grip.

• Hi Peripatetic,

I bought one of the stock grips and also one of the rubberized grips. the rubberized grip feels much better. Of course it costs 5X more as well, but worth it I think. I'll leave the stock grip on the one gun then swap out for the rubber one that will be on the roller when I take it in the water.