Spearfishing in Volga of Russia, Fish and mysterious statues on the bottom

• Nice Pike and again good shooting with the pneumatic gun. With double floppers or petals nothing escapes!

Хорошая щука и снова хорошая стрельба с пневматическим пистолетом. С двойной дискеты или лепестки ничего не убегает!

• I looked again at the video, the statues on the bottom may be religious figures thrown out after being seized from a church in an earlier era for example when the Cathedral was demolished. Their recovery may be important as the Cathedral has since been rebuilt as you will know.

Я посмотрел еще раз на видео, статуи на дне могут быть религиозные деятели выброшены после того, как изъяты из церкви в более ранней эпохи, например, когда собор был снесен. Их восстановление может быть важным, как собор с тех пор был перестроен, как вы будете знать.

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/0…on-of-its-past-glory.html

• I would guess to the contrary, they look to me like revolution style "motivational" :) statues. Clearly children depicted.

Thought that they may have been angels as part of some larger grouping. When the Soviet Union trashed all the churches decades back the items were smashed or thrown into rivers and these could have been down there a very long time and only recently uncovered by bottom movement.

• Nice video. It looks like you need some more lead to be buoyancy negative.

Question: Why don't you aim the head of the pikes? They are still in the bottom. Probably the cold water affects them.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Our city used to be called Stalingrad, during the second world war, the Germans flooded many ships in the Volga river, on this at the bottom of a lot of things

• Our city used to be called Stalingrad, during the second world war, the Germans flooded many ships in the Volga river, on this at the bottom of a lot of things

I'm in Crimea now. Waiting for warm weather....Do you know any good spots down here? I was in Yalta in October and looks like some nice drop offs along the rocks. But damn....I'm used to tropical water. What thickness wetsuit do you use here?