Which spearfishing mask do you use?

• Mirror is different than just darkened lenses, looking at a diver's face wearing a mirrored mask you will see your own reflection. The purpose of the mirror is to hide the diver's eyes, which does allow you to get closer to the fish sometimes. A mirrored mask is not bad but is for use when the vis is good only, as it does have a darkening effect which worsens in bad vis. The newer omer reflective lenses have a significantly less darkening effect than older mirrored lens masks. But since most often we have less than good vis, I gave up owning the Abyss exclusive, which is the same as the Abyss but with mirrored lenses. There's no point to bringing two masks all the time, in case one day the vis allows use of the mirrored mask.

• I have a mirrored amber bandit and I don't really notice any reduction in viz. I've switched between it and a spare clear lens mask a few times with bad viz but went back to the bandit because I didn't see any reduction in vision and it fit better then my spare. The mirroring and darkening seems to help most face out of the water keeping the brightness of the sun down. Seems to make very little dif in the water to me.

• VERY dark with the mirrored riffe Naida. Can't use it kelp diving at all. Only for blue water diving. It is my back up. Rarely do I reach for that unless vis is over 50, all bluewater, and very bright outside.

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• I read all 13 Pages--- and I still haven't come across a Mask post where someone can Order it with Prescription Lenses... Would really LIKE to know if the AquaLung or the Micromask can be ordered with prescription lenses?

• None can be ordered with exact prescriptions. There is simply too much variation and too small of a market for a manufacturer to be able to afford it. That being said the closest thing you can find is the Tusa Liberator/Scubapro Solara. These are the same mask with a different brand and both use the same system of interchangeable lenses. The lenses come in .5 increments from 1.0 up to around 8.0. As far as i know they only correct up close vision and dont have a prescription for distance. Both of these masks are relatively bulky as far as a freediving mask goes but if you cant see then it doesnt matter how small the mask is.

The only other option that I have heard of involves taking the mask to a local optical center that is diver friendly. I have heard of some of them that will glue a piece of glass to the inside of the mask and custom grind that to your prescription. This isnt available everywhere and is probably fairly expensive but is the most precise fit available.

Also I know of some people that will dive with their contacts in. It can be a problem if your mask floods but if you have a mask that fits well then you can get by doing this.

• I read all 13 Pages--- and I still haven't come across a Mask post where someone can Order it with Prescription Lenses... Would really LIKE to know if the AquaLung or the Micromask can be ordered with prescription lenses?

cressi makes a couple mask that have optional prescription lenses
    phil

• My first spearfishing mask was the AQA Mantis 5, it did me really well and fit great. It was a bit too bulky for my liking and I ended up selling it to my friend so I can try out the Mares X-VU liquid skin. The comfort on these things are amazing, but the nose portion didn't work well for me trying to equalize. It was too narrow for my big, flat Chamorro nose. Lol. So I ended up buying the Beuchat Micromax tinted. It's been really good for me so far, has lower volume than the Mantis 5 and fits better than th X-VU. I heard the AQA Mantis LV is out now and seems badass, but it's expensive at $140! Next diving investment? Hm....

• I use the Atomic SubFrame mask. It fits my face doesn't leak or fog up. My nose is a little big and most masks hit the bridge of it. Would like to try other masks but have limited acess to try them on. I will say the Atomic SubFrame works fine for me currently great seal. I had a problem with one I bought two years ago called the company direct they replaced the mask and installed my perscription lens in the new mask no charge. So far so good said the man as he fell from the ten story building.

When I am not sleeping, I'm Spearfishing.
    My Aeris 10 only records 99 dives.
    I use them all every day the China Sea will admit me.

Edited once, last by Nickmal: errors ().

• Omer Zero^3

I really liked the design and fit of that mask except the top hit my brow horribly. That seems to be a very common thing with that mask from people I've talked with as well.

Had it not ran into my face it had really great FOV for the volume and it sealed well on my face. I could just imagine the brow pinching me at 50ft though.

• I "use" (haven't tried it yet) a Riffe Frameless mask. Not sure if this is the best choice considering the high volume...but I probably won't be using it deeper than 30 feet.

• 1. Mako Minimus(ULV)
    2. Speardiver Stealth(GoPro)

I have a small face so I get a better seal from the mako. I like the stealth mask for boat dives where I want to have my gopro mounted on my mask. For beach dives where I must keep the mask on the entire time(4-6hrs average) I prefer the mako and I am thinking of keeping my gopro on a pistol grip attached to a lanyard around my wrist. Still undecided however.

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• speardiver stealth
    cressi superochio
    omer alien

I use the stealth but slightly prefer the alien. The alien however has been sent in for repair and I have had no issues with the stealth.