Mozambican Cronicles - Almost a record...

• Hi to you all,

After two weeks without diving any lousy sea, will look just fine to drop in...so having this in mind there we went, despite the strong South wind (17 km/h), a very wavy sea, rain and a drop in water temperature...

32 miles out in the blue the viz was actually nice, around 15 to 20 meters, but with the cold water no fish could be seen, so it did us no good...
    We spent four hours, changing from spot to spot trying to find a warm water area, or any pelagic activitie but with no luck...

The solution was to head inn to some spots around the end of Maputo bay in the 18 mile range...mostly for bottom fish as well as nice trevally, such as GT, Fulvies, Goldens and Pompano's...
    The viz was something around 4 meters wich is quite bad to drop head to head with those unwanted "guests"...lol...

A few drift's in the choosen spot and after a long wait almost in the bottom the first Fulvie was shot...15 minutes later i had in my hands...

A change of spot, to an underwater old lighthouse structure, proved to be good with a lot of small bait fish wandering around...

After a nice Queenfish lost to Rosalina, the resident giant grouper, i decide to do some agachons in the botton...placing myself inside the structurefacing out i distinguish the shaper of what it looks to be another Fulvie...i aim, wait and as it aproaches i can now see ita a Golden Trevally, a good sized one...a straigth shot to the head and there he goes taking the dyneema out of the reel...

Following some pulling and letting go for it not to end somewhere down Rosalina's troath i finally managed to old it and get it on board...

After weighting the fish in the club i saw it was almost a world record for i had the idea that the current IUSA record was 16 kilos and this one was 15,890 kg...

...later at night while talking to friend i discover that the record was actually 15,420 kg...well it was almost a world record...almost becouse i didnt aply...lolololol...

...so my friend told me..."No worry's...just catch another one.."

...lolololol...

Best regards to you all,

Dias

"The heart is but the beach beside the sea that is the world..."