Look, but dont touch

• Hello everyone,

I live on the Northern gulf of Mexico, and my area (Alabama coast) is affected by the BP oil well disaster. I have been on vacation this week, but the waters in my area, both state and federal are closed to fishing. I have spent every day this week on the water, and I have yet to see an oil slick. Some residue in the form of "tar balls" have washed on shore on both Dauphin Island and Gulf shores. I have been diving with the camera, but the speargun is off limits. I see lots of fish both on the rigs and schooling on top, as we have been spared the heavy oil thus far. Lets pray for an end to this situation, hopefully the area will recover and we can be back on the water soon.

If not, I will be looking to some of you guys for info on another place to spearfish.

KC

• I feel for you. Fortunately, as of now, some of our State waters are still open. Unfortunately, not the best conditions for diving, I may have to actually go use a fishing rod again. This spill and everything going on with it, just sucks:(