Lets see some spearfishing pictures amigos!!

• Few GOM pics. Everyone has those days that standout from other spearing adventures. The pic below with my two dive buddies holding up cobes was one of them. We had a ray come by with a 10ft wingspan near a wreck in 70ft with 10-15 cobias in tow. All were well over 50 lbs and I will take it to my grave that one or two in the group were in the 100-110 lb range because they significantly dwarfed all cobes landed that afternoon and 2 of the 3 speared were 72 lbs ea. We jumped out of the water to take a picture of the first 60 and 72 lb cobes, threw some high fives, hydrated, and I went back in the water 20 minutes later and found another 72 lber under the boat doing a flyby under his deceased friends. Anyways, a day to remember and the kind of adventure that makes us, eat, sleep, and dream diving. The best part of diving isn't the fish, it's the ocean and enjoying it with great company! Top pic was my very first cobe back in 07'. Kind of like getting your first WSB!!!

• WOW!!! Tom actually posted some pictures?!!! WTF?!!!:@:D

Nice sebass! Dude, you HAVE to post that pic of the "cow pie"!

i just join the site, and you want to get me banned already?:nono:

good to see you here, john. you coming out for lobster season sometime?

stinks like pee

• hey marco,
    thats a beautiful fish. ii believe atlantic cubera over 20-25 pounds are the hardest fish to shoot and land.
    would like to hear a short story how you got that one.

here is a pic of one that i got many years ago swimming around in the open, with a single rubber beuchat gun with 6.5mm shaft wich dint looked to straight after the fight.
    btw. thats my "professional dive suit" that i used for years. no gloves and barefoot in my cressi garas. it pains me and freeze me to see that picture today. all the best

Hey my friend! Good to see you posting again!

The story is short. I was very lucky to get that fish... I went to a new spot with a friend. He doesn't dive deep. He Let me do the first descent and the water was kind of murky. He said there was a ledge in about 40 feet of water, so I started deiving and never saw the reef. When I saw my Suunto, I was in 70 feet and couldn't see the reef... I was about to going up, when I saw this big tail about 10 feet in fron of me. As I was negative, I stayed motionless and glided towars the fish until he was within shooting range and could take a sure shot with my 130 RA.
    I shot in the midbody as the shoot was from behind and was difficult to aim the head. I think it was a good choice.
    Once in the surface, the Suunto showed a "deep" dive.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.