Speartek floatline??

• that depends on where you dive and if you let fish wrap it around a wreck or coral . i still have the first float line i ever bought ,its a riffe floatline i bought when at least 15 years ago it is still dry inside and is the line that is in my loaner gear box ,i have since switched to neptonics gear but if hadn't i would still be using it . poly starts starts getting beat after a couple months of light use . if you spend $10 on poly every 4 months
    you will spend the same as buying a real line every year and a half to 2 years
    phil

Phil,
    I have bought several Riffe "Sink Lines" in the past. After a few trips they fill with water and sink. Maybe it is because of the depth I dive, the size of the fish I shoot, or just fact that I use my gear a lot. I now use Rob Allen or Neptonics float lines with no problems. They fray from time to time, but I just hit them with a lighter and they keep working. I know these lines do not work in the kelp, but here in Florida and in open Bluewater they work fine.:toast:

• Phil,
    I have bought several Riffe "Sink Lines" in the past. After a few trips they fill with water and sink. Maybe it is because of the depth I dive, the size of the fish I shoot, or just fact that I use my gear a lot. I now use Rob Allen or Neptonics float lines with no problems. They fray from time to time, but I just hit them with a lighter and they keep working. I know these lines do not work in the kelp, but here in Florida and in open Bluewater they work fine.:toast:

thats why i said in another post it depends on where you dive ,i dive mostly in ca , baja , and costa rica we dont have much that will damage them other than sea lions, . im sure if i dove around sharp structure like coral ,lava , barracuda ,or wrecks i might have a much different experience . what i do like using the poly lines for is grouper the line snags on the reef and stops them from going deeper.
    phil