Cressi Suit Review 5mm

• Well after freezing in my surf suit, I splurged and got myself a freediving suit. I got the Cressi Technica 5mm 2010. I got it off of scubastore.com and the worst part was shipping, as it was international from Spain ($50). Luckily I timed it right and got it for $197, because the euro had dropped when the order went through. It came via DHL three days later and I dove in it for the next four days in a row! :thumbsup2:

I love the camo pattern and the black titanium is extremely easy to get into. Although this is my first dive suit, I have tried a picasso, and the fit was way off. I'm a tall skinny guy (6'1 and 165) and I got the large and it fits me very well. I like my ankles and wrists a bit higher up than most though. The size chart had said to go with a XL due to my height, but I wasn't anywhere close to the weight.. The only thing I don't like is the flap that goes over the chin is too long and will need to be trimmed down so it doesn't flood during a Nor Cal dive. You can kind of see it in the 3rd picture.

Although the suit is new, it is holding up very well, even after taking a beating in a 10ft inflateable going into 30mph wind, and taking a tumble while walking down a cliff for a dive, I wish my hand handled it as well (spearstuff was there).

Getting ready to go over the side of the boat. Definitely not a photogenic person in dive gear:rolleyes1:

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• I love them! I'm on the heavy side (5'11" and 240lb) and I use the XXL.Fits like a glove, and you cannot beat $176 to your door.

• Wow that is a killer deal! Shipping cheaper?

But I also forgot to add that the beaver tail is perfect, not too short like the picasso that I tried had..

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• looks like a nice suit..please let us know how it holds up over the long term and dive safely

Excellent construction. Nice design. However after 16 months of use my cressi is ready for the trash can. The rubber deteriorated faster then a any suit I have ever owned. If I didn't already have 10 wetsuits I would be buying a Pursuit wetsuit.

Mike