Banks Board - New Shore diving Board

• Yeah a dedicated foam filled bankss board with the eye upgraded to extend the length of board and better secured. With a clutch. Something versatile that can serve a good purpose in both beach diving and blue water hunting duty.

It would be somewhere btw a hard 11L and a true tuna board. Yet provide the obvious advantages of the sleek bed and storage possibilities for safety eq, flashers, chum and spare kill gun. Whats not to like?

The big foam block is appealing but not nearly as sexy as a blue water capable Banks board. Will take time to build and the cost and availability of a complete one, limiting

• If im not mistaken glass dings and dents. Not best for air travel.

The banks board seem like a hell of alot of bang for the buck, compared to riffe, riffe would probably charge 2k for something similar.

What about the times when a beach dive, becomes a blue water experience. It would be nice being able to pop that 150 lbs ahi when you see it on a shore dive and know your board can take the abuse.

Im I mistaken in believing the banks could make the ultimate "life guard can" foam filled inspired blue water float. It would have its niche, as part of a quiver of gear to aid in safety and provide lift and much need platform for the rig.

Im wondering, has anyone buoyancy test the banks?

• LMAO at finding a 150lb tuna on a Florida shore dive. Keep dreaming bro.

As for the Banks Board. I have never used it myself but my dive buddies do and they complain about how it's tough to drag, especially when its windy and sometimes, the wind moves the board which pulls the float line which makes them miss shots. It's nice as a floating platform for those who don't want to Kayak but you can modify a float to a lot of the same actions for around the same price with a few strategically placed clips and rope.

• Stranger things have happened, I have seen what looked to be a pair of 200 pounders free swimming, with the top of the sickle out of the water in about 120fsw, we were on the boat as be passed them. Felt like we were witnessing a unicorn.

Even larger ones have been filmed just of the lake worth pier balling up baits.

Hell I even saw a 9 foot sawfish once.

So while improbable, certainly not impossible.

I am actually thinking about another dive spot all-together, its south of the boarder, a coral Atoll, where Marlin and tuna 100 yards from shore appear on a semi regular basis.

When ever on a trip. I always take any time off from boat diving and do a shore dive. These are the times im thinking about.

There is no perfect solution. More lift always means more drag, Less lift means more risk of loosing a once in a lifetime trophy.

The price on the board seems right. Perhaps, by the sounds of it, I will be one of the only people to try a beefed up banks board as a terminal float.

Well see.