Kayak dive big bug

• 3 hours on the water, just enough to enjoy oneself and not get too tired. For some reason I thought you guys were out at some ungodly hour, like past midnight. You used a GPS to get to the spot right? Would it be possible to find the spot at night without a GPS?

I always wish I had a boat with a depth finder and a waterproof GPS so I could find those dive spots that you can't find from the surface. Right now I rely shallow reefs I can see from shore and the shoreline to find spots.

As for staying out late. February 1st I dove from 9pm to 3am and got a limit of bugs, but if I do that I've got to have nothing planned the next day and the conditions have to be perfect.

• Dan I know the lobsters walk at night here but its easiest to find them using a boat with underwater lights and drive slowly until you can see them on the bottom. I lobster alot and most of it is never deeper than 15 feet but its taken some time to find the spots. Dan on our local reefs they start to poke their heads out around dusk which is what made for scenario I described earlier where I ended up being out past dark. during the day (unless im in the keys) they are usually hit or miss and I just scan as im looking for fish.