Islamorada March 16

• Today was beautiful, but the vis was only 40 ft not the 80 ft vis of the past few days. We hunted a deep water wreck with near zero current.

We made alternating drops down to 50 ft were the bait was and the fish appeared almost every drop. 1 nice AJ, 2 big yellow jacks, and 2 huge jack crevelle.

Then I let my dive buddy try my gun. He dropped in as I was filming 10 ft above him then a school of big yellow jacks began to swim by. He passed up the first 6 then drilled the largest one of the day. At the surface he was battling the big jack when the fish tried to take him back down. Then we saw the reason. A huge 300-350 bull shark. One bite and all but the head was left of a 25 lb fish. He was pulling the line up as fast as he could when the shark came back to eat the head and take my new shaft. Oh well, we left the tax man and went inshore to 40 ft of water to play with my new hybrid.

The reef edge was alive with hogs, but we had already taken our share this week, so we just kept searching. I was laying on the bottom watching a school speedso when a huge cero blazed into view. I drilled him. Turned out he was my biggest cero at a hair under 10 lbs.

That finished out the day to fill the demand of a fish fry for the local marina workers and their families.

Michael