Hogfish and conservation

• sure thing , there's more people hunting today , that is a fact , and tomorrow there'll be even more. if it's a personal choice of yours to shoot only 16 " hog fish so be it. still i don't think there's need for it. where i'm from there has been a decline in the mutton population , a big, huge decline, but this year there was so much mutton that you can't imagine, and every year there's more and more fishermen. i sure think that there'll be a day when the fish will be so scarse that we'll swimm for hours and come out clean. but the reason for it won't be us. i think.

• sure thing , there's more people hunting today , that is a fact , and tomorrow there'll be even more. if it's a personal choice of yours to shoot only 16 " hog fish so be it. still i don't think there's need for it. where i'm from there has been a decline in the mutton population , a big, huge decline, but this year there was so much mutton that you can't imagine, and every year there's more and more fishermen. i sure think that there'll be a day when the fish will be so scarse that we'll swimm for hours and come out clean. but the reason for it won't be us. i think.

The thing is to avoid that day, but I am by no means a biologist for FWC so I guess we can wait for them to make there bright decisions :laughing3: Ill keep shooting my 16"+ hogs and hope for the best in the long run. And I agree on the muttons this year was alot better then last year.

• I encourage everyone to do one thing, educate the poachers you see. I never start a fight or yell a them but I always explaint that they are doing themselves a disservice as there will be less hogs around...many people say "wow, i never thought about that" or, " i had no idea that you measured them to the fork" or" i thought you could take 10 snapper a day" ??? there are a lot of D-bags, but i find most people are just ignorant and are happy to learn and change if they arent offended or dont feel attacked

i like to spear fish