San Clemente Report

• Some of you are aware, we went out to San Clemente this Saturday. The fog was thick for a while and it was cold/cloudy all day. The swell was non-existent and the ride was really nice both ways with just a little wind chop returning. We had five guys on the boat searching all over for YT. The water was 62.5 degrees so we were in that in between zone. No cbass and no yt seen or heard.

However, the viz was excellent! Top to bottom viz made it like a playground! We were having a great time just playing with the reef fish and looking for bugs. Several limits on bugs. They seemed to be in every crack and in every hollow. Lot's of keepers. We saw two free-swimming cabezon which I don't see too often. Butch shot one that was a pretty nice size. The sheephead were thick but small. The opaleye were crazy but not worth shooting (of course). The calicos were literally all over the place. There were five pound calicos on every other drop and I saw two ten plus (when I had put down my gun and was looking for lobster). I found one hole with five or six (five pounders) calicos and tried to line up two in one shot. I only nailed one. I dropped on another reef and found a large calico just hanging out and decided he was too dumb to live. I took two calico home since I didn't want to be greedy and I have a full freezer. They will be lunch sometime this week. I was looking for that PB calico for a little while after we figured there were no yellows or whites. I never found it but could have shot many many more fish.

Collectively, we had a great time with a good variety of fish and lobster. We had lobster tacos fresh on the boat and the company was awesome.

I hope others had more luck out there! Please post up reports.