From the same people who brought you the children's pool battle:

• Oh man these peta people are so moronic. If they ever saw a whale on the beach they would call SeaWorld. They do the same thing at Children's Pool- If a seal is injured they call Sea World to rescue it but they are the same people who protest Sea World.

:crazy:

I would like to officially give this to PETA and APRL as well as Sealwatch and Sea Shepard.

:finger:

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• I don't like seeing large animals in tanks or cages but the slavery issue being invoked is disgusting.

I agree. I think a lot of kids learn stuff about our ocean though. It's a love hate.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• I don't like seeing large animals in tanks or cages but the slavery issue being invoked is disgusting.

this is a tough point for me as well..I remember being awestruck by the magical creatures i saw at the aquarium when I was a boy and they certainly helped to cement my undying love of the ocean. I do hate captive animals but the knowledge and wonder that can be gained by seeing these animals in person is worth it in my humble opinion.

i find most aquarium staffers are awesome folks who love the ocean and care very much for the sealife under their charge...i'm sure there are some circus folk who dont like the animals and some crazy hippies too, but most are great

i like to spear fish

• this is a tough point for me as well..I remember being awestruck by the magical creatures i saw at the aquarium when I was a boy and they certainly helped to cement my undying love of the ocean. I do hate captive animals but the knowledge and wonder that can be gained by seeing these animals in person is worth it in my humble opinion.

i find most aquarium staffers are awesome folks who love the ocean and care very much for the sealife under their charge...i'm sure there are some circus folk who dont like the animals and some crazy hippies too, but most are great

Great thoughts. In my opinion, Sea World and the Monterrey Bay Aquarium have done quite a lot to educate the public about sea life in general that they otherwise would not get to experience. I took my nephew to sea world a couple of weeks ago and he had a blast and learned a lot. I think that in that context, it is useful.

I Likewise have mixed opinions at times but I think aquariums in general and sea world specifically do an absolutely amazing job caring for their animals in an environment where they thrive. Many of the animals (not all) such as the sea lions and sea otters etc..... were injured and rescued and do not have the opportunity to return to the wild. Therefore, I think that they live in the best environment possible with fresh water and food and they do a great service educating the public.

I think that comparing the captivity of killer whales to SLAVERY is rediculous! I do not agree with allowing animals to sue in a court of law (PETA claims the whales are their "clients"). I see this as a publicity stunt.

• They cant even win the children pool debate what makes them think they can advance to te major leagues? GREED!

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM