North County Bug Report

• Dove North County last night from 8:30-10:30pm. Really amazing conditions, over the larger reefs 20ft vis. The bugs where very light shy. Often I would drop down and just see bugs jetting off, I need to work on light control. Ended the night with two bugs, one was decent grade. I tossed back a few soft shell that if firm would have been legal. Overall I'm having a much slower year compared to last year. How is this year comparing to last year for you?

• To an ignorant day diver, what do you mean when you say light control? Just the actual holding of your light or your use of the light?

He means that shinning the light at the lobster scares it away immediately. Normally lobsters don't run away at the sight of your dive light, but sometimes they bolt at the slightest glimmer of your light. When lobsters scare like that you really have to control where you're shining your light or all your lobsters will run away before you have a chance at them.

Dove North County last night from 8:30-10:30pm. Really amazing conditions, over the larger reefs 20ft vis. The bugs where very light shy. Often I would drop down and just see bugs jetting off, I need to work on light control. Ended the night with two bugs, one was decent grade. I tossed back a few soft shell that if firm would have been legal. Overall I'm having a much slower year compared to last year. How is this year comparing to last year for you?

Nice report. I should have gone out last night before the rain!

I'm having the best year yet when it comes to lobster diving! However 90% of the bugs I find seem to be under 2lbs. I've only found a handful of bugs over 3lbs this year and only one lobster over 4 pounds.

• Very cool. Thanks for the info

i like to spear fish

• Marko way to go. I need to quit pounding LJ there is no results there right now.

I never have luck in LJ, but there is a 5-8#er in a tide pool that I need to get out before that beach turns into a reserve..