Mako Loading Butt

• Hey everyone!

Yesterday I purchased an older Mako Iconic Pro, which I believe turned into the oceanic pro. So after being to excited about my new purchase I decided to take it out and try it. Within five minutes getting into the water and loading it, the loading butt broke! Luckily no injuries were sustained. I need some guidance as to what to do given I am the second owner and can not find a replacement part on the mako site. Given its the weekend I have not tried calling so...

Any help would be wonderful!

• Was gonna say I had one, but that is definitely a different handle. I have the predator pro. Took the loading butt off due to it sitting higher than the mech and hindering line of sight down the shaft.

I believe that handle/mech has been discontinued, so finding a replacement may be difficult.

Call Mako tomorrow.

• Mako isn't known so much for gear quality, but their service is good. I'd call them before I did anything drastic. Personally, I'd take the dremel to it and make myself a ghetto Rob Allen.

• You should be able to remove whats left of it by pushing the retaining pin out and pulling out the butt. You can fabricate something else as long as the insert tab is the same as this one. May be a bit costly to do it unless you can fabricate yourself or have a friend that can; or you can replace the whole handle/mech assembly.

Either way, call Mako first and see what they can do for you.

• It appears that it's actually upside down as well. If you are able to get a replacement part, install it the other way around, should give you a better line of sight.

• Definitely upside down. Good catch. However, there is a slight angle on the tab that raises the butt up. The original owner probably turned it over to lower it. I know I tried that with mine before I removed it for good. The nice thing about the Predator Pro handle is that it is shaped more like the RA handle. It is rounded on the back end, not squared off like the one in the first picture.